6.2L in Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would be the likelihood of Chevy making 6.2L available to Tahoe in 2017 model? Any guess?

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say low because it would take away from Denali sales. But who knows.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did read on "GM Authority" that export models were available with 6.2 for 2016.

I have been told by several people "In The Know" that the reason we can't get them here in the US is because of the Federal Fuel Mileage mandate. Since 5.3's get better mileage than 6.2's GM tries to put as many 5.3's on the road as possible.

Back in the 60's when my Dad was selling Chevy's...you could check off certain RPO options and force an order through. That's how you got a 2 door Biscayne Sedan with a bench seat and a 425 HP/427 4 speed !!

I talked to an Army Sargent stationed in Germany that bought a Tahoe with a 6.2 there and had it shipped back to the US with out any issues...just the $$$$ to buy it a boat ride !!

Not that simple these days with the Fed in every body's business.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 5.3 and 6 speed, vs 6.2 and 8 speed was the reason only the denali and escalade were up for consideration this time around.

bizrjr

Reaction score
Those who want the SUV 6.2 will simply pay for it including myself. Now mine is an 11 I bought used but trust me if I could have bought and 11 Tahoe for thousands less or bought or leased a 15 Tahoe LS with a 6.2 it would be in my driveway. I didn't need the bells and whistles. I needed the space and wanted the power train.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triplearon