2015 Denali 6.2l Bent Pushrod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason72g

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took my 2015 Denali (154k) to the shop for a tapping sound. Turns out, it's a bent pushrod that was caused by a stuck lifter on cylinder #4.

The dealership wants $4,500 to repair it.

I'm weighing my options currently. Do I have them just do it? Do I do it myself? And if I do it myself, how big of a job is it, and what does it cost? I would probably go the route of new cam, lifters, rods, and springs (while deleting DOD).

I searched a few threads that had this issue, but none compared the cost of having the dealership/ speed shop do it vs. what one could DIY it for.

Thanks for any help!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a reputable local repair shop in your area? They should be able to perform the work for far less than a dealer.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership will only repair it to factory specs, keeping the same problematic lifters and AFM.
I sought out a performance shop that did a stage 1 Brian Tooley Cam, lifters and a whole laundry list of other parts to delete the AFM, they pulled the engine. It was more than the $4,500 in your post, but I decided on that rather than trade off or buy new with the same problematic features. The 6.2 LS is a hell of a good power plant, its just shameful what GM did to the valve train.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts