3" lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

Zrxrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so the biggest I should go is prob 15x8 with 33x12.50 tires.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Can you run the 33x12.5 r16 on the stock 7" wide

Yes you can

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

ZXrider,

We know that you have a limited budget and you want your truck to LOOK good and RUN, but whats the use of spending cash in making the truck LOOK good, if it isnt running!??! If you have a buddy that does tranny's make sure the tranny you are putting in is in good condition and that the bands/clutches are not worn/burned. Assume anything used WILL have wear. I had the same plans you did, then my tranny starting slipping in 4th and reverse, so I went all out and rebuilt it with high performance parts. It ran me around $1000 in parts and I did the labor myself. But now, I can drive it hard, tow and off road without any worries about my tranny going out!! You have to PRIORITIZE my friend. About used tires, be careful in buying 'em, since you dont know if they have had any punctures etc. Make sure you look at the manufacture date on the sidewall. The first 2 digits designate the week of the year and the next 2 designate the YEAR. Ex: 1208 is 12th week of 2008 or 2105 is the 21st week of 2005. If they are older than 5 years I would STAY AWAY. I did that mistake and almost cost me my life and my truck when the tread separated at 65 MPH!!!!! You can take or leave the advice we give you, but in the end, you will be the one to decide. Goodluck!

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found used rims and tires for $350 and the body lift was $170. So I have $480 to fix trans and a complete rebuild kit is only $150 or a whole trans I found for $500.

FYI, any rebluid kit that only costs $150 isnt going to fix it, all that rebuild kit is going to have is the soft parts. You need a true rebuild kit that has the steel parts.

At the very minimum I would get this one -- TCI Auto 378951

One thing you need to keep in mind, while cheap is good for the bank account, it is rarely good for the daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo