3" lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zrxrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 99 tahoe 4 dr 4x4 and want 33's on it. Looked around a little and decided I wanted the 3 inch lift so I ordered it last night. I ordered the summit racing lift kit. My first question is what else do I need with the kit to finish the lift. My second question is I'm looking at tires that are 33x12.50 and the wheels are 15x10, what do I need to do so that they won't rub. I'ts going to be just a cruiser vehicle no off roading or anything.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
Are you sure 15's will fit & not rub the calipers? I have the same year/model & it came stock with 16's. I then upgraded to some 16x8 with BFG 285/75/16's. After the lift those came off, currently sitting in my garage if interested, and 16x10's with 315/75/16 replaced them.

What's the link to the kit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zrxrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wish I could afford a suspension lift but all I have the money for now is body lift. I just bought the tahoe for 2k but reverse is gone in it. I have 1000 to fix it and do other things soI'm trying not to spend more then 500 on lifting and tires. I saw a thing on tahoeforum.com that said if you put 15x10 rims qith 33" tires says possible minor cutting. So I hope 15 would clear the caliper, but I'm not sure. Here's the link to the kit I bought http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-7812300/. I hopes it's pretty good.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Also if anyone has any probs out of reverse on there tahoe and fixed it let me know. Hoping it might be something simple.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I would cancel that order and worry about your tranny first. Rather have a running truck than one sitting in the driveway with a body lift. No reverse ain't gonna be a simple or cheap fix.

LoL and don't mention tahoeforum.com here.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I would cancel that order and worry about your tranny first. Rather have a running truck than one sitting in the driveway with a body lift. No reverse ain't gonna be a simple or cheap fix.

LoL and don't mention tahoeforum.com here.

I'm going to go ahead and agree on this one. Cancel the order and save for a good suspension lift. You will be happy you did in the long run. And yeah, no reverse means $$$.

OP
OP
Z

Zrxrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found atransmission for 500 if it comes to that but I have a friend thats a mechanic and knows a lil about transmissions and he's helping me rebuild it. Thats why im only spending 500 on lifting and tires. Want to get the body lif and tires on first might make it easier to get the top bolts with the body out of the way. What exactly is so bad about a body lift that everyone says to wait, because in my mind its hard just justify spending almost 10 times the amount on something if I'm not going offroadding or anything.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tires will cost more than $500...then wheels too. When I had 33's on mine they were 800 with out the wheels. Save your cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20