20's or 22's Wheels/Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you tow anything Carl? Stick with 20s and the taller sidewall if you do.

Hey Swath - Just curious - what probs have you encountered towing with 22s? I tow motorcycles on open trailers and occasionally enclosed, and the occasional car, and don't have any issues or complaints. Not disagreeing with you, just curious. How you feel about 22s is how I feel about 24s and towing...

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you can see, some say horrific some say they didn’t feel any difference. You know how 20s ride see if you can find a way to test drive one with 22s. It’ll be the only way you’ll truly know what kind of difference there is.

I personally could never tell the difference between a factory 20 setup (275/55/20) and a factory 22 setup (285/45/22). Both ride the exact same to me.
I've had both.

22s are far more worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Swath - Just curious - what probs have you encountered towing with 22s? I tow motorcycles on open trailers and occasionally enclosed, and the occasional car, and don't have any issues or complaints. Not disagreeing with you, just curious. How you feel about 22s is how I feel about 24s and towing...

Have not towed anything with 20s or 22s. The older trucks lost towing capacity when running 22" tires. Lower sidewall height equals more heat and less capacity, BUT, modern technology is or has caught up. Still, my brain wants no larger than an 18' wheel and no lower than a 60 series tire for towing. What you're towing is well within the margins for those wheels and tires, I'm always thinking maximum.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride on these 22’s is horrific. I had to special order mine to get 20’s.

Go drive one with 22’s and you’ll see the difference.
Not my experience at all. 22's ride and look FINE!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

aggiediver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run 305/45 22 on mine and love the ride. I also have an Avalanche with factory 20's, and while the ride on the Yukon is slightly stiffer, I prefer it. It is definitely not harsh at all. The ride in my Infiniti on 35 series 20's is a different story lol

Are you at stock height with the 305/45 22s? Any rubbing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts