Which tires? Falken Wildpeak AT3/Michelin Defender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9CZ71Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replacing my 22"s with 18"s to improve ride quality, I've had several sets of Michelin Defenders on my last few trucks and loved them. I see on here people rave about the Falken Wildpeaks and like the idea of a more aggressive looking tire. I don't spend much time off road but enough to justify an all terrain tire. It snows where I live around 5 months a year. I am looking for something that sticks to the road in wet and dry conditions, is comfortable and has decent tread life. I've also seen recommendations for Cooper Discoverer AT3s, Toyo Open Country and BFGs. Any input is helpful.

Thanks!

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Good move to improve ride comfort by going to an 18". You'll probably get more direct experience feedback by going to Tire Rack's website and reading their customer reviews. I've left reviews on there for multiple vehicles over the years.

Noise would be the only caution I can give you about a more aggressive tread.

fr8bil

Reaction score
IMHO it's hard to beat the Michelin Defenders. Shorter stopping distance in the wet that even the previous generation of their LTX tire. Defender is their latest LTX version. Smooth, quiet ride and about an 800 UTQG rating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz