2015 Yukon Cabin Noise Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

It's been a while... I posted a couple of months ago regarding an issue with my ears feeling pressure...it feels like a window(s) are open or not properly sealed. Driving my $73k Denali is literally giving me a daily headache! Turns out I am not crazy after all...

GMC has issued a service bulletin on 29 August regarding the "droan and pressure" sensation. My Denali's roof is being dismantled as we speak because the liner is not adhering to the roof of the truck and it may be the cause of the sensation. I find the problem to be worse at 35-45 mph....My exact commute speed to work everyday.

Does anyone have access to the GMC Service Bulletin? I would like it for my records in the event this issue is not fully resolved. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a terrible noise but finally figured out that it was the crossbars of the roof rack. Brought it in and they put new ones on. No more noise. Hope they fix your.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi JasonDenali15,

I understand that your vehicle was at the dealership yesterday. Is your vehicle still at the dealership? I do apologize that you are in this situation with your vehicle. Please keep us posted and if you need assistance after your dealership visit to let us know.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi JasonDenali15,

I understand that your vehicle was at the dealership yesterday. Is your vehicle still at the dealership? I do apologize that you are in this situation with your vehicle. Please keep us posted and if you need assistance after your dealership visit to let us know.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Yes, it is still there...Mike Smith GMC Buick. I would like to see the service bulletin, please. I am not the only one with this issue. I have been a loyal GM customer for 24 years. I would like to know the exact problem and the exact fix. Driving my $73,000 truck is literally giving me headaches due the pressure its causing inside the cabin. What's the solution? Thank you.

wot_denali

Reaction score
I do have a noisy capin i can hear the wind with a low speed i did not take to dealer yet but i am sure there is something wrong.

fszatko

Reaction score
Just got my 2015 Yukon XL Denali last week. Love the vehicle, very quiet, except for a high-pitched whistling noise from driver's side above 50mph. Thought it was a window or door seal, but all looks good there. I noticed the sound with the window open too. Turns out it is the mirror. If I place my hand underneath the mirror stem (from door to mirror) the sound goes completely away. Very irritating. The 2015 product brochure touts redesigned mirrors to reduce wind noise. Anyone else notice this from their mirrors? Not sure if it's worth taking to dealer to replace mirror?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello fszatko,

I deeply apologize for the whistling noise you’ve been experiencing with your new Denali. I highly recommend going to your dealership to have it resolved would be more than happy to contact them on your behalf. Just send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and preferred dealership if I can be of any assistance. I’ll be on the lookout for an update.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19