2015 Yukon Cabin Noise Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

The issue has not been resolved. My truck has been in the hands GM engineers for weeks. Here is the service bulletin info: #PIT5318, "Wind Buffeting Droan Type Noise and/or Body Pressure Booming." Document ID: 3975780. Dated 8/29/14.

Models:
2015 Escalade Models
2015 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe
2015 Yukon Models

Last edited:

fszatko

Reaction score
Just got my 2015 Yukon XL Denali last week. Love the vehicle, very quiet, except for a high-pitched whistling noise from driver's side above 50mph. Thought it was a window or door seal, but all looks good there. I noticed the sound with the window open too. Turns out it is the mirror. If I place my hand underneath the mirror stem (from door to mirror) the sound goes completely away. Very irritating. The 2015 product brochure touts redesigned mirrors to reduce wind noise. Anyone else notice this from their mirrors? Not sure if it's worth taking to dealer to replace mirror?

I realize that my cabin noise issue is not the same as the OP. However, I've found a fix for my problem that might help others. I hear a high-pitched whistling noise above 50mph. I localized it to the side mirrors. I further localized it to the bottom of the "stem" that connects the mirror to the vehicle. I applied a piece of 1-3/8" flat/rounded adhesive body molding to the underside of the mirror "stem". I adjusted the position a few times. Totally smooths out the airflow under the mirror and whistling is GONE! Molding is flat enough that you cannot notice it unless you're shorter than the mirrors. Hopefully they realize the problem with their mirror design next time around.

wot_denali

Reaction score
After reading this thread,i am sure that the inside pressure that i feel is not due to my bp,i do have the same issue but did not take so far to my dealer,i living in dubai and i think still gm didnt send any solutions to its dealers in middle east.thank you for opening this thread.

wot_denali

Reaction score
I am going to visit ziebart to make the rust protection and the sound Deadener as i applied it 8 years ago to my x 07 yukon denali and it helps a lot.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I am going to visit ziebart to make the rust protection and the sound Deadener as i applied it 8 years ago to my x 07 yukon denali and it helps a lot.

jimtxas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same whistle and pressure issues here

Piggybacking on this thread, same issues here with 2015 Denali. Just traded in the Expedition for this $75k train whistle and considering running back to Ford. Quite disappointing. It's impossible to drive with just one window down, and 2 really does not help either. and at 60+ mph the mirrors whistle quite loudly. If there's any Bose noise cancellation (i'm not convinced there is, haven't figured out how to turn it on or off) it doesn't help.

I've also validated the whistle is coming from the mirrors. When you hear it, simply hit the button to fold them in and you'll notice the whistle disappears.

Hope there's a fix soon.

fszatko

Reaction score
I've also validated the whistle is coming from the mirrors. When you hear it, simply hit the button to fold them in and you'll notice the whistle disappears.

Hope there's a fix soon.

I know it's not a permanent solution, but try applying the adhesive body molding to the underside of your mirror stem. apply the end of the molding tight to the door and extend straight outward as far as the stem allows.

Worked for me. Can't see it at all. Few $$ fix from local auto parts store. This whistling was the biggest annoyance. Now I actually love the quiet ride (except when I open the windows and get the thumping).

jimtxas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it's not a permanent solution, but try applying the adhesive body molding to the underside of your mirror stem. apply the end of the molding tight to the door and extend straight outward as far as the stem allows.

Worked for me. Can't see it at all. Few $$ fix from local auto parts store. This whistling was the biggest annoyance. Now I actually love the quiet ride (except when I open the windows and get the thumping).

Any chance you could post a photo of your fix? I'd like to see your approach.

wot_denali

Reaction score
Even while cruising you can hear the exhaust sound from the front passenger side.

fszatko

Reaction score
Sure. I'll try to take a pic in the daylight tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the underside of the mirror. 1-3/8" vehicle moulding from the local parts store. self-adhesive. wish it wasn't chrome, but they didn't have black to blend in. doesn't matter since it's under the mirror and can't see it unless you know it's there. I tried a few different times to reduce the whistling sound. moulding needs to be tight to the door, square cut end.

image1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88