2021 Tahoe z71 noise in rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larrysmith1017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe z71 87000 miles. Rubbing noise low speed. Took it local Mx and he done the service bulletin where you swap rear in fluids. It’s supposed to be noise from the clutches. After first swap noise got worse. I done second swap it got quitter but still there only at low speed turn. So I took it to the dealer. He said they have had several in last month same noise but went away with fluid service. Well mine hasn’t they swap fluid two more times noise is still there. They claim it’s not a service able rear end so you can’t swap clutches only. New rear end $2900 but none available in the USA. Anyone had this issue and what did you do. I am wondering if I drive it can the rearend lock up. Ty

allyrobesq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe z71 87000 miles. Rubbing noise low speed. Took it local Mx and he done the service bulletin where you swap rear in fluids. It’s supposed to be noise from the clutches. After first swap noise got worse. I done second swap it got quitter but still there only at low speed turn. So I took it to the dealer. He said they have had several in last month same noise but went away with fluid service. Well mine hasn’t they swap fluid two more times noise is still there. They claim it’s not a service able rear end so you can’t swap clutches only. New rear end $2900 but none available in the USA. Anyone had this issue and what did you do. I am wondering if I drive it can the rearend lock up. Ty
I had this same issue. 2021 LT at 40k miles. It was the rear differentials. I took it to my dealer, and they covered it under the extended warranty I purchased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo