2015 Suburban: Exterior Pillar Covers Popping Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im saying its not just a GM **** up - everyone uses the same spec of double sided tape. Happens to all manufacturers.
Yep. This exact issue is common on the Ford Explorers, we lost one and I occasionally see others with their pillars missing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my XL in and all of them were replaced. Now My Callaway has one that was fixed by dealership before coming off again. Not happy

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in product manufacturing & distribution for over 25 years. Sometimes a component is engineered or fastened inadequately for the intended use, and no manufacturer can design for 100% reliability out of the gate. The issue is whether, or how, the manufacturer enhances or revises the component once a pattern of failure is determined---things like peeling steering spoke covers; failing door lock actuators; failing attachment of exterior trim; etc. Seems like some manufacturers have room to grow in this regard.

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just took my Yukon in for this issue, it is under warranty mind you, and they are telling me they are sorry, they wont fix this issue under GM certified bumper-to-bumper warranty and it will cost me $912 to fix this!! Im steaming mad, wtf?!?!

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the biggest load of s$&t I have ever heard. They have done mine all one at a time.

Wilder126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They're full of shit! I had all 4 doors replaced and it was all under warranty. They'd rattle on the highway they were so loose. The new ones are great, but all warranty!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I called the dealership in Missouri I bought it from and they said CPO warranty is a limited bumper to bumper warranty, so they said they can sell me the parts for $350 and ship them to me, and said I should be able to find a body shop to install them for $100.

This is ridiculous! It's the first thing I noticed after I took delivery of the Yukon (I bought it out of state and they delivered it) and was supposedly certified and had a 172 point inspection that said it was ready to be sold in excellent shape. How could they sell a vehicle with this defect?

So should my beef be with my local dealership that refuses to warranty it or the dealership that sold it to me in this condition as a CPO car?

gonenutsw15Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gee.........relieved to find that I am not the only one. Driving 75 MPH on fwy to Los Angeles, noticed something 'flapping' driver side door pillar post via mirror.......held on to it with my left hand on the way and on the way back from Orange County, CA. Wow..............people were looking at me weird on the FWY. LOL, I am not the only one! Thank you, y'all!

gonenutsw15Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I called the dealership in Missouri I bought it from and they said CPO warranty is a limited bumper to bumper warranty, so they said they can sell me the parts for $350 and ship them to me, and said I should be able to find a body shop to install them for $100.

This is ridiculous! It's the first thing I noticed after I took delivery of the Yukon (I bought it out of state and they delivered it) and was supposedly certified and had a 172 point inspection that said it was ready to be sold in excellent shape. How could they sell a vehicle with this defect?

So should my beef be with my local dealership that refuses to warranty it or the dealership that sold it to me in this condition as a CPO car?

I feel for your. Purchased Suburban CPO and was found to be a lemon. Stupid me, against everyone's adv, purchased another CPO Tahoe at the same dealer...........and the door pillar post are flapping! What an insult!

gonenutsw15Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The top side of one of mine popped off going thru a car wash. The car wash was going to pay for repairs but when I brought it into the dealer to get fixed they said it was a defective pillar and replaced it for free.[/QUOTE

Were you still under the warranty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157