2015 Suburban: Exterior Pillar Covers Popping Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having his problem? The gloss black pillar covers on the side of the doors are starting to come off, I tried to see if I can maybe push them back in but no luck. It's barely holding on to what looks like some type of clip or something but hard to see.

I plan to take it to the dealer next week after they receive my seat bracket since my drivers seat moves anytime I take a turn. Ugh so annoyed.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your dealer fix this? I found the same issue yesterday and it seems to be just held on with double sided tape!

OP
OP
Rmayrap

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting them all replaced at the dealer right now, I'm sure they will pop off eventually again though. Just a cheap design I guess...

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually put a piece of 'severe duty' outdoor 3M double sided tape on the little pad behind my passenger side pillar cover this morning and it's on TIGHT now! Lol they literally have just double sided tape holding them on once slid into place.

Nord

Reaction score
I was on a road trip last week and started to hear a flapping sound coming from what sounded like my seat belt. Eventually, I looked at my side view mirror and noticed the trim was flapping in the wind. I stopped at the nearest GMC dealer and 2 hours later they said they couldn't fix it. Either they would have to order a new piece, which would take about 4-5 days, or I could wait until I got home from my trip and go to my local dealer. I'm currently waiting on my local dealer to get the replacement piece in and now I noticed the trim piece on the rear door is about to do the same thing.:wtf:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get yourself some 3M outdoor heavy duty double sided tape and put it on the little round mount toward the top in the center....then slide your pilar cover into place and push on that area pretty 'firmly' for a few seconds and they won't budge after that!!

Because the replacements are going to do the same thing!

OP
OP
Rmayrap

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea this is ridiculous.

the bastards at the dealer looked at me like i was crazy when i said my pillars were all coming off and flapping in the wind.

hoserama

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The top side of one of mine popped off going thru a car wash. The car wash was going to pay for repairs but when I brought it into the dealer to get fixed they said it was a defective pillar and replaced it for free.

tdowns12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this issue happen to me after leaving my yukon in an outside lot during an extreme change in air temperature. Used heavy duty 3M exterior double sided tape and it appears to have fixed the problem!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu