2015 Suburban: Exterior Pillar Covers Popping Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both my 15 Denali and my Denali XL have this issue. Dealer claims its only my two trucks.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
This tape is used across every manufacturer everywhere for trim, body moldings, emblems etc. Its not a GM **** up - more so probably uncleaned panel before they stuck it on.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This tape is used across every manufacturer everywhere for trim, body moldings, emblems etc. Its not a GM **** up - more so probably uncleaned panel before they stuck it on.

You kinda just contradicted yourself

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Im saying its not just a GM **** up - everyone uses the same spec of double sided tape. Happens to all manufacturers.

ktrent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My drivers side can of. It's not 3m tape holding them on fiatdale that's failing it's the threaded clips that are heat pressed onto the panel that's popping loose. This happens when cars are made from aluminum and plastic instead of steal. Lol

Sent into space with tapatalk

mrhs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This happened to my passenger panels. My dealer said this is a known issue and that they have a redesigned panel. Dealer fixed mine. YMMV.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I had a deep scratch in on of mine and the dealer replaced it. I figure that these will get those beautiful swirl marks after a couple of washes so had them wrapped in clear Xpel but thinking I should have gone with a matte black.

tdowns12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After a week or so my double sided tape solution failed again. My Yukon is in the shop now and the dealer was very aware of the issue.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silicone them on. I did that with my 15 and they held fine. Problem solved with no opportunity for the dealer to cause additional problems.

fieldgoal00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my wifes 2015.5 yukon has the same problem. both the driver door and driver side passenger door come apart. Driving 85 in TX and i thought they were gonna get ripped off. Have they come up with an actual fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645