2011 Tahoe PPV - Please advise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the reason why im seeing higher and higher gear ratios stock on a PPV mainly because they have 6 and 8 speed auto transmissions now were as the older ones with the 4l60E had the lower 3.73 gears stock

OP
OP
R

ramdmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i looked at one along time ago but i didnt like the fact there was all this stuff and antennas still onthe roof for the police equipment and a big gap were all on radio stuff went

All the ones put up for auction around here are gutted of the non-oem equipment. Also none of them get spotlights so no hole in the a-pillar. Or at least thats the case with the ones I've seen. Dirty though, no one has the decency to give them a quick clean up.

do these auction ppvs still have to aux battery and isolater in them

Some have the dual batteries, and have pink/red termination boxes for the aux power.

OP
OP
R

ramdmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine still had the dual battery set up with heavy duty cables. Mine came with two of the NMO antenna mounts. At first I capped them off (NMO caps on ebay are pretty cheap...). Then i decided to go ahead and put a GMRS and ham antenna on the roof. I like my radios.

I'm probably leaning to one with dual batteries and external antenna mounts. Both of which I would have to pay a third party to install into a vehicle of choice, these are a feature for me not a deterrent. I was just questioning whether the PPV platform was robust enough. Would spend 80% of time on secondary highway and interstate so looks like a shoe in for me.

OP
OP
R

ramdmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here in arizona ive seen alot of the SSV 4x4 tahoes the border patrol used for sale but they all have the front ferring removed

The ones around here still have their front bumper skins intact, and are sold with the pushbar bumpers or have them cut off but the skins remain unless they've been involved in a collision.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got our 2010 with about 78K miles on it. I added an Air Raid MIT and had Black Bear tune it, leaving the AFM in for better mileage. I also added a take-out console so we could get some storage. It had the single battery, no second battery in this one. It was a supervisor's truck, that appears to have only had in-car lights and no light bar. Single spot. The rear seats looked like they were never sat in.

It's now more than 100K on the clock, and other than the usual stuff (p0446 and p0469 code repairs), plugs/wires and MAF clean, oil changes and new tires, it's run like a Timex!! It's my wife's DD, and she's on call every other day, so it HAS to run. So far, it has.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me just add that one of my Tahoe's is a 2006 SSV an X NY State Trooper car. That Tahoe is very well built and takes a beating easy. It's a very solid vehicle. My experience with the SSV has been very positive. The SSV has 182 K on it now and runs like a top. Dose not burn a drop of oil. It was BB tuned and also gets up and go's pretty good too. Good fuel mileage too. Not that I bought it for fuel mileage , but just another plus. Would I buy another ? Hell yea !!

Don't be swayed at all from my previous comment about rust. Just keep an eye out for excessive rust that is all.

Good luck in your search.

Reaction score
OP, if you find that the suspension is to harsh, I recommend you buy Belltech's shocks - they are a direct replacement and soften up the ride quite a bit. That's what I have on my PPV...I don't do pursuits and don't need all that extra stiffness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy