2011 Tahoe PPV - Please advise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to understand that they are police vehicles, no matter how well maintained they were they still have a ton of idle hours and they ARE driven hard 24/7 . What I found is most tahoes in my department around 150k have major issues and don't survive much past that. That being said it is a city vehicle. I personally own an ssv tahoe so I'm not saying don't buy a former police vehicle but I would never buy one with that many miles, don't care how well maintained it is. Price difference between a ppv tahoe under 100k miles and 150k+ is usually only a few grand but that translates into 2-3 years of driving and not to mention about 1000hrs idle time.

Reaction score
What Sanco said is true. If you can, try to find either a personally owned ("Detective") vehicle, as they're usually just driven, not idled for hours. And since they're owned by the individual, not the agency...so he/she will likely put more care into its maintenance. If that fails, Fire Dept. vehicles are usually only idled at scenes, still less than PD. But your standard city patrol cruiser will have seen a loooong life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts