2011 GMC Yukon SLT Noob here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUinCullman

Reaction score
Evening everyone. New guy here from North Alabama. Just purchased a used Yukon to build out for Camper/Weekend warrior/Dirt Roadster. And also will be my daily since I'm only 5 miles from work. Excited about finding this Forum. Ran across it while searching for potential issues. My main interest right off the bat as far as upgrades would be bigger, slightly wider tires just for a little more clearance. (Please make suggestions) Also want to upgrade bumpers for a more manly look but I dont want to build a tank either. Again, suggestions greatly appreciated as I have been scanning the interwebs and it looks like there are not a lot of options so far. I like the simplicity of the Move bumpers but their website doesn't appear to offer an option for 2011. Anyway, looking forward to the long build process. I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can get thats for sure. She's a little dirty from testing the 4WD.

Attachments

• 20230717_180904.jpg
    20230717_180904.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230717_180813.jpg
    20230717_180813.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 6

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evening everyone. New guy here from North Alabama. Just purchased a used Yukon to build out for Camper/Weekend warrior/Dirt Roadster. And also will be my daily since I'm only 5 miles from work. Excited about finding this Forum. Ran across it while searching for potential issues. My main interest right off the bat as far as upgrades would be bigger, slightly wider tires just for a little more clearance. (Please make suggestions) Also want to upgrade bumpers for a more manly look but I dont want to build a tank either. Again, suggestions greatly appreciated as I have been scanning the interwebs and it looks like there are not a lot of options so far. I like the simplicity of the Move bumpers but their website doesn't appear to offer an option for 2011. Anyway, looking forward to the long build process. I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can get thats for sure. She's a little dirty from testing the 4WD.

Welcome to TYF. I have a buddy a little NW of Cullman, in West Point.

There aren't many options for anything you're wanting. Most would be custom fabrication, if even just chopping up the stock stuff. Just about any tires wider or taller than stock will rub. A small lift will help, but a wider tire (or offset or spaced-out wheels) will rub at least at max turning angle. Every car is different. But, for reference, I had a 2/1 lift with 1.5" spacers on mine. It rubbed, but only with the wheels turned to their max. I just let it eat.

Start a build thread to keep your progress organized!

OP
OP
AUinCullman

AUinCullman

Reaction score
Welcome to TYF. I have a buddy a little NW of Cullman, in West Point.

There aren't many options for anything you're wanting. Most would be custom fabrication, if even just chopping up the stock stuff. Just about any tires wider or taller than stock will rub. A small lift will help, but a wider tire (or offset or spaced-out wheels) will rub at least at max turning angle. Every car is different. But, for reference, I had a 2/1 lift with 1.5" spacers on mine. It rubbed, but only with the wheels turned to their max. I just let it eat.

Start a build thread to keep your progress organized!
Yes I know West Point area pretty well. Good folks. Thanks for the info! One of my issues for my area is that there are no real OFF Pavement shops around here. Its either tire shops that don't want to touch out of the norm tires or Rednecks that say git er done and just throw 42" tires on it and see what happens. Since this is my first journey into the semi-offroading world, it's going to take me a while to find the local network. We have a great OHV park here called Stoney Lonesome so I might could make some connections there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia