2010 Denali on Belltech 2/4 and 24in Esky reps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if it comes down more in a few weeks. It's airing up a lot though - not sure if it'll keep pumping to this height or not. I'll bug Tony about it in a few weeks. I wouldn't mind going 1/2 in lower in the rear.

If the truck is airing up a lot, then it's not going to "settle" any in a few weeks. The airing up is the truck overcoming the spring height based on the autoride links' setting. If they're too long, it's going to keep airing up. In fact, if it were to settle, it would just air up even more.

Gotta get the links the right length!

OP
OP
I

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the truck is airing up a lot, then it's not going to "settle" any in a few weeks. The airing up is the truck overcoming the spring height based on the autoride links' setting. If they're too long, it's going to keep airing up. In fact, if it were to settle, it would just air up even more.

Gotta get the links the right length!

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll have to shorten them a touch - just don't know how much room I have to play with. I saw Tony recommend you setting yours to 2.5. Did you do that?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll have to shorten them a touch - just don't know how much room I have to play with. I saw Tony recommend you setting yours to 2.5. Did you do that?

What do you mean by "just don't know how much room I have to play with"? If you don't want to cut your Belltech rods, just get some all-thread screws from Home Depot and [cut the heads off and] cut them to length.

I currently have my links set at 2-3/4". I haven't had time to screw with them anymore, but may reduce them to 2-1/2".

OP
OP
I

ihaveamustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean I don't want to make them too short where they pull apart when I jack up the car. Not sure how short they'd have to be before that was a concern though.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that, either. But, if you know you're going to jack up the car, even at a short length, I'd pop the link off as soon as you had enough access to it (and then jack the truck up from there).

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that, either. But, if you know you're going to jack up the car, even at a short length, I'd pop the link off as soon as you had enough access to it (and then jack the truck up from there).

Does this really matter? I would think that if you jacked it up from the diff. Why would it pull on the links?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this really matter? I would think that if you jacked it up from the diff. Why would it pull on the links?

If you jack up from the axle, then it wouldn't matter. If you jack up from the frame to access the links, mess with the springs, mess with the rear spacer, take a wheel off, etc., then it matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel