2008 SSV - Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SIK5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!

New to the SSV but not to the Tahoe. I had an 02 Z71 that was awesome. I have a 77 K5 498 BBC in the stable as well.

Anyway, I have a laundry list I wanted to share. What are your recommendations I look into?

- Bilstein shocks up front - nice
- No DIC - will purchase a panel and DIC switch. Just need to find one with the 4x4 selector hole
- No rear door functions, i.e. windows/locks - need to research
- No remote - just one key!?
- Slightly rough idle on cold start. After it warms up it's smooth though.
- Will replace ALL fluids and filters/plugs for peace of mind soon.
- Alignment seems fine. Tracks straight on acceleration and hard braking.
- Left rear brake light is out as well as reverse light - will replace bulbs

Looking forward to sharing my progress and research with you all! I will also post up some pics ASAP

Thanks,

Anthony

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Anthony welcome to the SSV world, I think if you peruse this section you will find a lot of info on our special trucks. and good luck! from NC.

Definetely have a spare key made. Check your rpo codes you may have the remote start or remote start ready feature.

adding a DIC is easy

also you got any pictures?

OP
OP
S

SIK5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anthony welcome to the SSV world, I think if you peruse this section you will find a lot of info on our special trucks. and good luck! from NC.

Definetely have a spare key made. Check your rpo codes you may have the remote start or remote start ready feature.

adding a DIC is easy

also you got any pictures?

Good idea! RPO AP8? Is that the code I need to see in the glove box if it's ready for remote start? Pics will be uploaded this weekend...I can't at werk

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
AP8 that's it. than you can purchase the remote start accessory kit PN# 19154444 and the DIC switch PN# 15947841. Now the remote start you will have to get it programmed through your local dealer.

OP
OP
S

SIK5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AP8 that's it. than you can purchase the remote start accessory kit PN# 19154444 and the DIC switch PN# 15947841. Now the remote start you will have to get it programmed through your local dealer.

KIck Ass! Thanks. The wife will be happy about that.

Thinking about an SLP res delete and maybe MF muffler 12259 or 12589. May also do an AIRAID tube and panel filter with stock air box. All that after I make sure I don't have any gremlins I need to weed out first!

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your 2008 SSV has reached to 150K miles on its clock, please add following job to your list as preventing maintenance:

Starter & alternator

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, upgrade engine oil filter from OEM PF46 to PF63.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE