2002 LT Music Daily - One Story Ends and Another Begins...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a $20 craigslist box for two 18s, threw some paint on it, and started hooking everything up last minute in order to make it to Slamology in Indianapolis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For one night, I tried dual alternators, (CES 370A + OEM 140A), but didn't feel that it yielded enough of a gain to be worth it, so I ended up pulling the OEM one out the next day.
View attachment 179415

I went out and bought a different box from a friend, reconfigured everything, and added another extra battery, expecting to see a 151+, but it didn't happen.

retired the Tahoe to more of a daily driver.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point, I'd been driving with that cracked windshield for about 2 months, and decided enough was enough.

It really improves the aesthetic in my opinion, and makes driving much more pleasant in both nighttime scenarios (reduces glare from oncoming headlights) and bright days (reduces glare from the sun).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In an attempt to gain back some of my trunk space, I built another center console, this time doing around 139 dB.

After about a month though, I decided I missed my real OEM center console. So soon I'll be reinstalling that.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Clean looking truck and skills on the audio front. Tune will definitely wake up the truck and the other performance bits and pieces within the budget will give you some change, but unless you go full on, touch to match that 6.0/6.2L engine.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Clean looking truck and skills on the audio front. Tune will definitely wake up the truck and the other performance bits and pieces within the budget will give you some change, but unless you go full on, touch to match that 6.0/6.2L engine.

Yep. From the little research I've done it seems like matching a 6L isn't possible in my budget, but I can do some little things to make it at least more enjoyable to drive.

Right now I'm trying to focus on researching exhausts, to find one I like and figure out if any of them actually do anything for performance, and then I'm eyeballing the Spectre 9900 CAI, and a BlackBear tune.

I've thought about headers or swapping to 4.11 rear ends, but am not sold on those ideas yet.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa Sport catback always gets good marks, but close to $1k it is pricey plus BB tune will eat up budget. But one and done with exhaust without getting too crazy plus CAI.

Just options having seen what others have done.

The tune without getting too crazy under the hood will give you the best bang for the buck and a change in performance. I love having mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel