2002 LT Music Daily - One Story Ends and Another Begins...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I've got the proper color now, just need to wait for it to get warm :)

grabbed an HD hood for $50 today, which I'm pretty happy about

View attachment 195321

once it gets warm enough I'll throw it on, and then I'm plasti-dipping the entire truck black

my baby has a bunch of scratches on the sides from getting door dinged on campus, plus I've always wanted it to be a different color than grey.
$50.00?

Soooo Jelly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$50?? Lol, people are gonna hate you! SCORE!

$50.00?

Soooo Jelly

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yeah I've been looking for months, but wasn't willing to pay more than $100, since you can't really see the hood with my brush guard anyways

I was ready to offer the guy $100, but decided to ask him first what he wanted to get out of it. I was expecting $200 - $300 and try to negotiate, but he said $50 would make him really happy

can't wait till it gets warm again XD

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I don't have 150+ dB in this vehicle, I feel comfortable putting my A-Pillars back, and going more sound quality.

I always hated that they didn't match my interior, so I tried to paint them.

View attachment 194937

I had this one, in this color lying around and decided to go for it

View attachment 194935
View attachment 194936
View attachment 194938

They turned out a lot brighter than my interior, but I think they really pop now

I didn't get any pictures installed since it was dark, but I'll probably keep them for awhile and see if the color fades on its own.

If not, I'll pull them back out and go with either the grey or tan interior color and actually properly color match it.
SEM makes interior paint that matches. Yours looks like their Medium Pewter.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEM makes interior paint that matches. Yours looks like their Medium Pewter.

Yep, I had the guy who did my door panels send me the exact code he used, and purchased the same color SEM for it.

The newest fad attracting my attention is wanting to get some tow mirrors with power folding, defrosting, etc.

If I can get it all to work it should make a pretty cool write up guide, since the info is really scattered around right now and it doesn't seem very simple lol.

This weekend I'll get my new tires and rims (H3 hummer!) and I also want to take that HD hood and throw it on one of our vehicles just to see how quickly it can be done, and how it looks.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between a combo of rocks hitting my plasti-dip, parking in University parking lots, and getting rubbed/dinged by Porsches, Audis, and BMW's, some of my plasti-dip was coming off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one side mostly done. I'm going to take a pressure washer to the undersides of the wheel wells tomorrow.

I'll probably save the bumpers for the day before I end up plasti-dipping the vehicle, because that's also when I'll be putting the HD hood on

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Between a combo of rocks hitting my plasti-dip, parking in University parking lots, and getting rubbed/dinged by Porsches, Audis, and BMW's, some of my plasti-dip was coming off.

View attachment 195863
View attachment 195864
View attachment 195865

Since I have to remove it all anyways to cover the entire vehicle, I got started.

I can't get over how cool the dip is. It comes off super easily, as long as you put it on correctly (thick enough)

What I learned is that I didn't apply enough under the wheel wells and in the creases, because those areas were a pain to peel.

View attachment 195866
View attachment 195867
Some a$$hole hit you?

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some a$$hole hit you?

I don't know if that's the right term.

The majority of campus is comprised of foreign students from very wealthy families. They're used to doing pretty much whatever they want, and don't care if their $60k+ car gets scuffed lol.

Just a different way of life I guess. And most of them either choose not to, or don't know how to park properly.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grabbed an HD hood for $50 today, which I'm pretty happy about

:secret:You must of went all private eye finding that deal. I should hire you to find me one lol. Nice find, it’s gonna look good one there.

Edit: just looked through the thread, sick build man. Can’t to see what you do with all those subs in the next one.

Last edited: