2001 tahoe swapping led to ac controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the 5mm also in my build, but I did use 3mm in a few spots where I thought the bulb needed to be smaller. Also I used flat top blue LED in spots for better diffusion of light. Yours looks great, nice job @Cattivo

Thanks brother, IMHO the way I did it a regular(round headed) 5mm led bulb worked perfect in every switch/component except for the lower half of the ac controls, I would recommend using 4- 3mm led's in that location

I also filed down 2- 5mm led's(about 1/4'') for some ambient lighting in the over head map light console

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks brother, IMHO the way I did it a regular(round headed) 5mm led bulb worked perfect in every switch/component except for the lower half of the ac controls, I would recommend using 4- 3mm led's in that location

I also filed down 2- 5mm led's(about 1/4'') for some ambient lighting in the over head map light console

Did you do your power mirror switch?

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just wondering i already done mine just going to see if u found a way to better light up the direction switch

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a diagram of the climate control with marks for polarity. Problem is I did this a while back and I can't remember if the mark is positive or negative. Get one led in correctly and you should be able to tell the way the rest go in.IMG_0479.JPG

Archer04

Reaction score
I did not do my moon roof switch yet, I had to replace that whole console. I tried to to the homelink switches but the bulbs in that are tiny and I screwed it up. So I bought a another one off ebay. I am going to use the old one for testing and see if I can get it done. If I do I will post the results. Loved the LEDs you did cattivo they look great.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Archer04 , you should try opening up the switch and glueing the led bulbs in place. Takes half the time of soldering them in.

I'm also going to be adding more to my door panel once the weather warms up

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Here is a diagram of the climate control with marks for polarity. Problem is I did this a while back and I can't remember if the mark is positive or negative. Get one led in correctly and you should be able to tell the way the rest go in.View attachment 76343
Yo wth is that black crap above the digital gauge ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts