16 vs 17 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently in a '15.5 Yukon SLT. I am looking to possibly upgrade to a lightly used Denali. I wanted a z71 Tahoe, but I want the 6.2L, so I figured the 4x4 Denali was the way to go. So, since j am going used, I am just wondering what to differences are between the 16 and 17. Thanks!

YukonCpt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
17 has Cooled vs. a.c. for front seats.
Louvered vents forward of radiator that modulate air through front grille.
HUD is standard on 17

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2017:

Only has vented seats and the seat back looks cheap and ugly.

Interior backlight changed from red to blue ice.

Driver alert pkg now has low speed automatic braking.

HDMI port rear entertainment.

Second USB port added to rear console with added capability of charging up to 2.1 amp for an iPad.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2017:

Only has vented seats and the seat back looks cheap and ugly.

Interior backlight changed from red to blue ice.

Driver alert pkg now has low speed automatic braking.

HDMI port rear entertainment.

Second USB port added to rear console with added capability of charging up to 2.1 amp for an iPad.

HDMI is great. Cant believe it took so long...What speed is crash avoidance at in 17? Mine brakes but maybe its over 20MPH?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HDMI is great. Cant believe it took so long...What speed is crash avoidance at in 17? Mine brakes but maybe its over 20MPH?
I agree, it took them a long to do HDMI, you would’ve thought it would’ve been when they finally went Blu-ray.

I’m not sure exactly what speed the crash prevention is, I’ve never been able to find an exact answer.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it took them a long to do HDMI, you would’ve thought it would’ve been when they finally went Blu-ray.

I’m not sure exactly what speed the crash prevention is, I’ve never been able to find an exact answer.

When we buy a dvd the HD copy stays at home and the regular dvd goes in the car. I’m fine with no HDDVD. HDMI would certainly make using a fire stick much less cumbersome though that’s for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645