16 Escalade vibration issues...any fixes or buy back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the driveshaft itself is out of balance? Maybe somehow the weight came off of it, after reading what all the dealer tried so far, it's one of the only things left that I can think of that could cause a vibration.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, my Tahoe has been in three times, the question is, is it vibration or tone that is causing the problem. Mine appears to be the roof oil canning. That is what they tried this time and re glued my roof metal to the roof bows.
You already have a lemon law case but they prob won’t buy it back just give you hush money, 20% of purchase price to trade it in. But due to the long history on car fax of repairs it’s taken a big hit on value. I just hired my attorney.

Good luck

Hate your going through the same situation man. Absolutely sad that GM has dropped the ball with the new design. Mine is 100% vibration, no roof buffering yet knock on wood. I bought my truck used but it was GM certified vehicle so I don't think I can use the lemon law since I did not buy it new, and scares me thinking everything possibly popping up on the car fax. Wednesday will be 9 weeks they have had my wife truck. Absolutely ridiculous!

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the driveshaft itself is out of balance? Maybe somehow the weight came off of it, after reading what all the dealer tried so far, it's one of the only things left that I can think of that could cause a vibration.

A new driveshaft has been put it but anything is possible!

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update I have owned my truck 19 weeks and the dealer has had it 10 weeks...and they still have it. They keep throwing tires at and now saying my tire is moving on the rim when they drive it. I have heard it all now. Biggest piece of crap I've ever spent money on to date.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, my Tahoe has been in three times, the question is, is it vibration or tone that is causing the problem. Mine appears to be the roof oil canning. That is what they tried this time and re glued my roof metal to the roof bows.
You already have a lemon law case but they prob won’t buy it back just give you hush money, 20% of purchase price to trade it in. But due to the long history on car fax of repairs it’s taken a big hit on value. I just hired my attorney.

Good luck
I believe he bought the truck used with 22k miles. Depending upon the state, lemon laws do not apply to used vehicles.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded my 09 Denali with 85k miles for a 16' Denali with 12k miles on it. Didn't have vibration issues on the 30 min test drive I took. Thought I was in the clear. After a 1.5 hour long drive from the dealership, the vibrations reared their ugly head. Took it to the dealership closest to me and they said they had seen the issue and were convinced it was the torque converter. 300 miles and one week later so far so good. Hoping it stays that way.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded my 09 Denali with 85k miles for a 16' Denali with 12k miles on it. Didn't have vibration issues on the 30 min test drive I took. Thought I was in the clear. After a 1.5 hour long drive from the dealership, the vibrations reared their ugly head. Took it to the dealership closest to me and they said they had seen the issue and were convinced it was the torque converter. 300 miles and one week later so far so good. Hoping it stays that way.

Kinda the same thing happened to us as well. We drove 3 1/2 hours one way to get our truck. On the test drive everything felt smooth. Wife drove it home and the next day I started feeling the vibrations. Hopefully yours will last.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you considered taking it to the next level and hiring an attorney? Sometimes with a few hundred dollars and a nice firm letter from an attorney the dealer will know you're not messing around. If you decide to do so make sure to tell the service manager that you will be doing so, and also tell him what you want (a buy back).

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered taking it to the next level and hiring an attorney? Sometimes with a few hundred dollars and a nice firm letter from an attorney the dealer will know you're not messing around. If you decide to do so make sure to tell the service manager that you will be doing so, and also tell him what you want (a buy back).

Yes can't get GM to buy it back because I didn't buy it new. Attorney said all I could get would be 10-30% of my money back and keep the truck.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes can't get GM to buy it back because I didn't buy it new. Attorney said all I could get would be 10-30% of my money back and keep the truck.
My coworker did that with his Lexus and was able to just get rid of the vehicle with most of the cash and keep the rest for a down payment on another vehicle. I hope your situation turns out well for you.
Kinda the same thing happened to us as well. We drove 3 1/2 hours one way to get our truck. On the test drive everything felt smooth. Wife drove it home and the next day I started feeling the vibrations. Hopefully yours will last.
Thank you, hopefully...