16 Escalade vibration issues...any fixes or buy back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan6769

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great, I’m looking at a ‘16 Yukon Denali tomorrow with 26k miles. I’ll try to check for this.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, I’m looking at a ‘16 Yukon Denali tomorrow with 26k miles. I’ll try to check for this.

In addition to vibrations, be on the lookout for booming and buffeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've considered that but just a lot of work and overall I don't think it's the wheels and tires causing the problem. I talked to my wheel guy who owns his own business and he told me that you could take all the weights off the rims and it would not vibrate at lower speeds that I'm experiencing the vibrations. I have also tried a brand new set of take off escalade wheels and tires balanced from Cadillac with the same vibrations. I also have a new set of DUB Futures with 285/45/22 Michelins that are hub centric and they have the same exact vibrations. I appreciate the tips though!:D

The roofs on these trucks are too thin and oil can.... lots of headliners also have needed to be reglued. Doesn’t sound like they are even going after the right things.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The roofs on these trucks are too thin and oil can.... lots of headliners also have needed to be reglued. Doesn’t sound like they are even going after the right things.

I don’t understand why GM won’t just thicken the roof to permanently fix this problem in he current design. That sounds totally doable without a major redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! Dealer still has the truck today is 4 weeks for this current visit. All they want to do is replace tires. This is the 5th trip and currently at 12-14 weeks in the dealer. Absolutely ridiculous!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time to call GM or lawyer

sux GM cant figure this out

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them try this: New updated steering bushing that has a different design which may help solve the vibration issue part number 84234960.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update! Dealer still has the truck today is 4 weeks for this current visit. All they want to do is replace tires. This is the 5th trip and currently at 12-14 weeks in the dealer. Absolutely ridiculous!
I can't remember, did they ever replace your torque converter?

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time to call GM or lawyer

sux GM cant figure this out

GM has been involved since August they are nothing but a joke. Absolutely do not care about you or your vehicle just want your money and they are done! Lawyer can not do anything with lemon law since I did not buy the vehicle new. It was certified by Cadillac dealer, which is also a joke I sure they don't check much of anything and mark up the price about $2500 with their "Certified" BS.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them try this: New updated steering bushing that has a different design which may help solve the vibration issue part number 84234960.

They done that already made no difference in resolving vibration. The vibration is not shaking the steering wheel you can just feel it in the seats and everything else.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24