16 Escalade vibration issues...any fixes or buy back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember, did they ever replace your torque converter?

Yes it made zero difference. I've been driving GM vehicles for 20 years but that will be ending very soon. Washing my hands of them since they have treated me and many other this way and will not fix the HUGE problem they have on their hands and VERY aware of it.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it made zero difference. I've been driving GM vehicles for 20 years but that will be ending very soon. Washing my hands of them since they have treated me and many other this way and will not fix the HUGE problem they have on their hands and VERY aware of it.

what's worse is that each service advisor I speak to at the 3 different dealers all act like its the first time they are hearing the complaint- in addition each time I call GM I get the run around like you have gotten.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly they are playing dumb to the whole situation and acting like nothing is wrong. My service manager told me that if he has 5 new Escalades on the lot that 2 are fine, 3 have vibration. Out of the 3 they can fix 2 and the one then he looked at me and said guess which one you’ve got. GM should not ship these vehicles when they know they have issues from the plant.

I have been in a brand 18 caddy CT6 17 Tahoe, and 16-17 Caddy small suv and they all have vibration. These have been my rental cars while the dealership has been ripping my truck apart.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly they are playing dumb to the whole situation and acting like nothing is wrong. My service manager told me that if he has 5 new Escalades on the lot that 2 are fine, 3 have vibration. Out of the 3 they can fix 2 and the one then he looked at me and said guess which one you’ve got. GM should not ship these vehicles when they know they have issues from the plant.

I have been in a brand 18 caddy CT6 17 Tahoe, and 16-17 Caddy small suv and they all have vibration. These have been my rental cars while the dealership has been ripping my truck apart.

they will never stop shipping them- selling the Escalade are like printing money for GM

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they will never stop shipping them- selling the Escalade are like printing money for GM

Your right man! It will catch up to them one day....you can get by with something for a while but it always ends up biting you later down the road. I'm done with them.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your right man! It will catch up to them one day....you can get by with something for a while but it always ends up biting you later down the road. I'm done with them.

I think it’s going to happen now. Ford finally has presented some real competition to GM with their new Expedition. I don’t think it’s coincidence that GM is now offering 2018 (not 2017’s as those are discounted even further) Yukon XL Denali’s for $10k off MSRP as the advertised discount that anyone can get. At least in my area dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbys3m3

Reaction score
Off topic but I play dw also..currently have a finishply kit, and older exotic spider pine, and a newer rally stripe kit.....good stuff!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dw
crap that is right, i forgot you got it used.

blah.

fingers crossed they get you taken care one way or other.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it’s going to happen now. Ford finally has presented some real competition to GM with their new Expedition. I don’t think it’s coincidence that GM is now offering 2018 (not 2017’s as those are discounted even further) Yukon XL Denali’s for $10k off MSRP as the advertised discount that anyone can get. At least in my area dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed this as well while shopping...I was set on a 17 given all of the discounts but have noticed some places now offering additional discounts on 18s as well.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry man, this is some BS. A class action suit will be brought against them soon I suspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts