16 Escalade vibration issues...any fixes or buy back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my wife a 2016 GM certified Luxury model Escalade in July this year with 22k miles. On the test drive I didn't feel any kind of vibrations and I'm VERY picky and notice every little thing in a vehicle. She drove the truck home and I followed her home in my Denali. The next morning I was driving it and noticed bad vibration and harsh ride at 20ish mph+. Fast forward to October long story short out of the 16 weeks of ownership the dealership has had the truck over 8 weeks which is absolutely ridiculous for a 80K+ vehicle and it's still not fixed. Currently has been to the dealer 4 times which is about 2 hour 10 round trip ( closest dealer to me ). Dealership has done the following to the truck:

-2 pico vibration analysis test
-Road forced balanced the wheels 3 times
-Replaced a brand new tire and claimed it was "out of round"
-Replaced transmission valve body
-Tranmission fluid flush
-Replaced torq converter
-Replaced ring and pinion
-Replaced drive shaft

Also had them check motor mounts and all springs/shocks. Everytime they are finished with the truck they claim it is fixed and I can not tell any difference. After picking the truck up Wednesday I can honestly say the truck is actually worse now than ever before. I start feeling vibration at 27mph+. Doesn't matter if its in v4 or v8 mode, neutral, acceleration or deceleration there is always vibration over 27mph.

I've tried 2 new different sets of 22" wheels/tires on the truck and it vibrates the same. One set had Michelin defender tires and made no difference.

I have a case number with GM but this has just got ridiculous to own a 80K+ vehicle that vibrates. Has anybody had any luck getting theirs fixed or possibly have GM or the dealer buying back your Vibralade? I have always owned GM vehicles minus one Acura but if GM drops the ball with this one I'm done. I know I could always trade in the vehicle but why should i loose money when the dealer has owned the vehicle about as long as I have + any non GM dealership will most likely not give as much on trade because of the vibration once they test drive it. Anybody shine the light at the end of the tunnel lol this has absolutely been a nightmare. Sad that my 12 Denali with 102K miles on it rides smooth as glass unlike the Cadillac.

Thanks,
DwDrummer

Last edited:
OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've considered that but just a lot of work and overall I don't think it's the wheels and tires causing the problem. I talked to my wheel guy who owns his own business and he told me that you could take all the weights off the rims and it would not vibrate at lower speeds that I'm experiencing the vibrations. I have also tried a brand new set of take off escalade wheels and tires balanced from Cadillac with the same vibrations. I also have a new set of DUB Futures with 285/45/22 Michelins that are hub centric and they have the same exact vibrations. I appreciate the tips though!:D

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've considered that but just a lot of work and overall I don't think it's the wheels and tires causing the problem.
Sounds like you (and the dealer) have tried many "fixes"...but you won't know if 20 inch wheels are a fix unless you try it. Seems like most of the posts I read about this issue involve the 22 inch wheels. Good luck.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The larger the wheel tire combo, the more difficult to balance. I also think the wider the tire the more you will feel the road. With my defender ltx’s i Feel the road more until the tire warms up. With my Michelin ats’s I feel the road less

The other day I drove a truck with 18’s and felt and heard almost nothing.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes larger wheels are harder to balance and takes a person who know how to balance wheels correctly to get them perfect. That being said I have never had a set of wheels start vibrating at 27mph and I have had 20's 22's 24's and 26's. Believe me I have had my fair share of wheels balancing issues over the last 10 years with larger diameter wheels lol. It always showed up on my trucks around 58-63mph. Those vehicles were all NNBS.

I was planning on putting my 2012 Denali 20's on the Escalade to see if it would help this week and appreciate you motivating me to do it lol. I have run 24's on my Denali and it rode smooth as glass up to 80mph.

I have read a lot of 22" GM trucks and SUV's suffering from the vibration issue but have seen quite a few 20's and seems like a few 18" wheel owners as well. After 3 set of 22's on my Escalade I don't think it's a wheel and tire problem. The dealership service manager and technician you ran the pico both told me it was not a wheel/tire issue.

The 2 Cadillac loaner cars they give me both had vibrations and one was a brand new off the lot CT6.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back at the dealer for the 5th time and starting on my 9th week:(

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my wife a 2016 GM certified Luxury model Escalade in July this year with 22k miles. On the test drive I didn't feel any kind of vibrations and I'm VERY picky and notice every little thing in a vehicle. She drove the truck home and I followed her home in my Denali. The next morning I was driving it and noticed bad vibration and harsh ride at 20ish mph+. Fast forward to October long story short out of the 16 weeks of ownership the dealership has had the truck over 8 weeks which is absolutely ridiculous for a 80K+ vehicle and it's still not fixed. Currently has been to the dealer 4 times which is about 2 hour 10 round trip ( closest dealer to me ). Dealership has done the following to the truck:

-2 pico vibration analysis test
-Road forced balanced the wheels 3 times
-Replaced a brand new tire and claimed it was "out of round"
-Replaced transmission valve body
-Tranmission fluid flush
-Replaced torq converter
-Replaced ring and pinion
-Replaced drive shaft

Also had them check motor mounts and all springs/shocks. Everytime they are finished with the truck they claim it is fixed and I can not tell any difference. After picking the truck up Wednesday I can honestly say the truck is actually worse now than ever before. I start feeling vibration at 27mph+. Doesn't matter if its in v4 or v8 mode, neutral, acceleration or deceleration there is always vibration over 27mph.

I've tried 2 new different sets of 22" wheels/tires on the truck and it vibrates the same. One set had Michelin defender tires and made no difference.

I have a case number with GM but this has just got ridiculous to own a 80K+ vehicle that vibrates. Has anybody had any luck getting theirs fixed or possibly have GM or the dealer buying back your Vibralade? I have always owned GM vehicles minus one Acura but if GM drops the ball with this one I'm done. I know I could always trade in the vehicle but why should i loose money when the dealer has owned the vehicle about as long as I have + any non GM dealership will most likely not give as much on trade because of the vibration once they test drive it. Anybody shine the light at the end of the tunnel lol this has absolutely been a nightmare. Sad that my 12 Denali with 102K miles on it rides smooth as glass unlike the Cadillac.

Thanks,
DwDrummer
sounds to me like they don't know WTH is wrong and there just taking pot shots at it, but what the heck your getting lots of brand new parts for free :)

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like they don't know WTH is wrong and there just taking pot shots at it, but what the heck your getting lots of brand new parts for free :)

True but not fixing the vibration issue sucks big time!

Phil25101

Reaction score
I feel your pain, my Tahoe has been in three times, the question is, is it vibration or tone that is causing the problem. Mine appears to be the roof oil canning. That is what they tried this time and re glued my roof metal to the roof bows.
You already have a lemon law case but they prob won’t buy it back just give you hush money, 20% of purchase price to trade it in. But due to the long history on car fax of repairs it’s taken a big hit on value. I just hired my attorney.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts