11 Burb 4x4 Transmission fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SwedeBurban

SwedeBurban

Reaction score
Realy appreciate it.
The fluid, does it gone come out of the radiator like this?
Like this:
Do i realy need a hose for the steel cooler line when its disconected?
/Eric
Regards from Sweden[/MEDIA]

yugrus

Reaction score
Yes, fluid comes out of radiator, not out of the steel line. Sorry, the memory became blurry here...
I've got 3/8" fitting like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hayden-Coo...d=112316615754&_trksid=p2054436.c100039.m2059
I don't remember paying that much though. Will make an actual picture later and post it here.
The fitting goes into radiator, and then there's no mess, no chance for the clear hose to come out. But from the video, the fitting is not necessary at all. Haven't tried that though.
No need for a hose on the line itself, IMHO.
You've got to be careful with how much you pump out at a time, watch the bubbles!

Last edited:

yugrus

Reaction score
Here's how mine looks like
639cec7adae55bf8be2b388f7c85f169.jpg

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's a pain but I recommend dropping the pan and changing your filter before 100k even if you flush your fluid earlier. My magnet was covered with debris and my filter appeared to be full of gunk at 71k miles. Nothing wrong with a good fluid flush though!

yugrus

Reaction score
I second the filter change. Lots of debris on the magnets in the pan.

Red2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have performed many flushes with transmission flush machines with no issues. The trans always get put back what comes out. Easy and clean.

Clive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just recently did this on my 2011 LT Tahoe @ 75,000miles. (see my post here) Additional info to that above:-

1. Removing the little clip that secures the line into the radiator required a little pick
2. If you dont use a fitting, the 3/8" OD plastic tube will pop out of the radiator. I just held it there while my accomplice ran the engine
3. The cross pipe below the transmission pan prevents the pan being pulled forward. I used a clamp to pull the exhaust down as far as it would go to give clearance to remove the pan.
4. I struggled getting the securing clip properly reinstalled. I think the better way would be to replace the spring clip first, then insert the transmission line, then reinstall the plastic retaining ring.
I used a total of 14qts Dexron VI for the flush/fill process.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use and old tranny line bent to hang down below the radiator, start the engine and run till it sputters; then drop the now empty pan and replace the filter and sleeve.

Then I pour in five quarts and start it again with my purge line still connected, I pour in new fluid as the system is pumping out the old; when the color coming out becomes bright pink I shut it off and reconnect the tranny line.

Then I top it off normally. This method wastes a couple quarts but I get every drop of old fluid out every time without spilling a drop; well worth wasting a couple quarts in my opinion ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE