'08 Z71 Tahoe Rear Control Arm Bolt Torque Specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide the bolt torque specs?
Should the suspension be loaded before torquing?

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I got a link to the information elsewhere.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since @EddieC decided to keep the specs a secret, I'll post them here for those who come along after us! LOL

Both the Upper and Lower control arm bolts at both ends get torqued to 74 foot pounds plus 55 degrees. Do this is with the suspension supporting the weight of the vehicle.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since @EddieC decided to keep the specs a secret, I'll post them here for those who come along after us! LOL

Both the Upper and Lower control arm bolts at both ends get torqued to 74 foot pounds plus 55 degrees. Do this is with the suspension supporting the weight of the vehicle.
That's not what I found but don't want to vouch for the information so I didn't post it. I will say that was significantly more torque with no "plus".

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not what I found but don't want to vouch for the information so I didn't post it. I will say that was significantly more torque with no "plus".
Off the top of my head the uppers up front are 140 foot pounds. I seem to remember us just torquing the rears to 74 or so and calling it a day. We'll be replacing them again soon with new ones and hope to remember to report back and see if that setting held up over the years since we did it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia