08 Tahoe 6.0L LFA - Bent Rod??? Is That Even Likely?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iamdub,

My mechanic is an idiot and I shall no longer patronize his business. After cylinder 7 continued to misfire, I took it upon myself to inspect that side of the engine. I already had a set of plugs and wires. I took out all the odd cylinder plugs and what do you know? Cylinder 7 had the wrong plug in it!!

No new misfires!

Now the rest of my problems are hybrid... Ugh. But rest assured, this gentleman will never ever see my vehicle again.

Wow. What plug was it?

Glad you got that taken care of. It looks like we all gave him too much credit by never assuming it'd be something so simple.

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear, the lifters DID sick and the lobes were clearly worn. That job did need to happen. But out should have been done properly back in April, in one week, for $1600.

The plug - an AC Delco 41-629 was then found by me in cylinder 7 after getting it back the last time. You can use 41-985 or 41-110 or a sliver of other ones. -629 isn't listed as one anywhere at least where I could find.20171103_074818.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O...M...G.

That's a totally different style of plug AND the wrong seat (gasketed vs. conical). It's a wonder they got the thread size and pitch correct and didn't crossthread your cylinder head.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that's unbelievable. Clearly, he is as incapable as they come to have installed that plug.

I hate that you went through this. That mechanic is a bumbling idiot.
From the sound of it, he's one of those guys who cuts before he measures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia