'05 Tahoe Exterior Restoration Job - lots of pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rnungarag08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey how bad was it to paint the side mouldings? Did you remove them and then just used double-sided paint? Or how did you do it. A buddy of mine is in the market for a new tahoe, and he sometimes looks away at a good deal because its a LS with black mouldings and doesnt want to go through the hassle of painting the handles, and the mouldings and the bumper cap etc.

Rnungarag08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope Boomer doesnt mind me using his pic, but can someone tell me if the circled valance can be bought somewhere? I have tow hooks, will it stiill work with hooks?

I found this one on ebay, but it says cant be used with the hooks. I dont see why not when this sits below the tow hooks. Is this it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-T...&fits=Model:Yukon&hash=item1e75cfdbb2&vxp=mtr

If im not mistaken, the one you saw on ebay looks like the one for older tahoes. Like a 99. It looks like the one i had on my tahoe beforeImageUploadedByTapatalk1359148775.140042.jpg

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm your right that one on ebay in that link is for the older ones.

I wish I knew the part# for the 2000-06 models.

Thanks guys

GM#15224193 Radiator Air Deflector/Baffle EXTENSION

$28 on GMPartsDirect.com plus $25 shipping. $48 via Dealer.

You're welcome. ;)

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope Boomer doesnt mind me using his pic, but can someone tell me if the circled valance can be bought somewhere? I have tow hooks, will it stiill work with hooks?

I found this one on ebay, but it says cant be used with the hooks. I dont see why not when this sits below the tow hooks. Is this it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-T...&fits=Model:Yukon&hash=item1e75cfdbb2&vxp=mtr

i bought mine off of lmc trucks its pretty cheap you'll have to drill holes in your lower valance to mount it though i believe it was made for the o5-06 models. and btw it's a separate piece from the fog light valance that your tow hooks go through also

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

better yet. it's piece 14
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=17

davidsSLT

Reaction score
Nice, thanks Keith!!!!

Good lookin out a4edwin. Were you able to keep your tow hooks with yours? And what did you use to secure it?

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, thanks Keith!!!!

Good lookin out a4edwin. Were you able to keep your tow hooks with yours? And what did you use to secure it?

tie wraps to secure it and there's no reason to remove your tow hooks. btw boomer nice job on your hoe!

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Holy smokes I can't believe this post is still getting comments. Haven't been on TYF in months. Will try to answer some questions in a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable