2003 Tahoe Transportation/restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmcdonnell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i have had this 03 Tahoe for about two weeks. Got it cheap. Over all for twenty years old it probably an 8. So far replacing electrical switches ,upgrade headlights to led, repair hatch glass hinge, replaced all the hatch and hatch glass lifting rams and of course a new radio w bluetooth. I used to have a suburban I had forgotten what a comfortable ride these were. On the hatch glass hinge I took off the old hinge and realized that the way it was made with the main bonding surface of the hinge being painted steel. The product used to bond the hinge never actually attached. I put it back on with Wurth power bond. so far so good. I had to remove the window, not hard, and wire brushed and cleaned both surfaces, put on the power bond, clamp over night and all is good. Next project get the park brake working.

OP
OP
K

Kmcdonnell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is the new project .Bottom photo is the hinge repair. the brown is some replast to fix some torn plastic border.
Tahoe 2.jpgTahoe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar