'05 Tahoe Exterior Restoration Job - lots of pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ahhh thank god someone responded, i was about to pull my hair out. and i dont have any. i like the 800 body style better myself. Its easier to customize, cheaper to customize and looks just as good to me.

vserduchka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree 100% and seriously considered buying both an nnbs Denali XL and Suburban LTZ, but was never able to bring myself to pull the trigger. When I look at what I'm getting for the money, I can't make the case. As KSES123 was saying one things the 800s have that the 900s seem to be lacking is a more driver-centric design. When you can go and pick up an '03-06 800 and mod it to your liking for tens of thousands less than a 900, really the only thing the 900s have over you is a more up to date exterior. Is that worth it? Not to me.

-B

+1

Right on, brother.

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Boomer, when you got the new 07+ wheels on, did you have to do anything special for the TPMS??

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Boomer, when you got the new 07+ wheels on, did you have to do anything special for the TPMS??

You have to swap out the sensors for 03-04 sensors (blue) or 05-06 sensors (white), the NNBS sensors do not work with NBS. I took the sensors out of my LTZ wheels and sold them on eBay and made enough to buy brand new NBS sensors (off eBay).

Last edited:

Shawn74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang dude you did an awesome job on this truck. I have had the same ideas for my 05 LS. I want to paint the bumpers too. More like the Z71 Tahoes. I also love the mirrors and tail lights. I got to get all this started now. But I can assure you mine will not happen in a matter of days or even weeks LOL. Maybe a year or so. Cash flow is all thats holding me back. LOL

H8 PVMT

Reaction score
How do you like the tail lights? I'm looking to go with a LED smoke tail light and there are so many that it's difficult to choose. I think I've seen the tail lights you have on ebay but I'm not 100% sure.

davidsSLT

Reaction score

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwaltlsu