03 Denali from beat up to this... Progress pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SlowD

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! How long have you had your wrap on? Any advice you can give me for cleaning that works for you and anything that I can apply to protect it without worry of having blotchy spots?
I'm still learning and want to do everything I can besides parking it in the shade at all times to prolong the wrap especially in the winter. Colorado winters can suck sometimes!

Last edited:

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm cluttering up this thread, but I apparently don't have enough posts to send a PM.

SlowD, what kind of headlights and marker lights are you running? I'm getting tired of all the orange in my stocks

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man I was thinking the same thing about the grill but I need to take a break from wrapping and not sure if I want to paint it or not since there is no going back and its brand new.

Vinyl wrapping actually isn't that hard you just have to watch some 3M Youtube videos and get the right tools and just do it. I only destroyed about $80 in Vinyl starting out but it was all a learning experience.

I have a kid at work that wants me to wrap his Civic now a pearl white but he wants extra shine to it... told him he needs to learn more about Vinyl because it doesn't have 5 layers of clear attached to it lol.

It looks really good. Roughly What did it end up costing you?

OP
OP
SlowD

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm cluttering up this thread, but I apparently don't have enough posts to send a PM.

SlowD, what kind of headlights and marker lights are you running? I'm getting tired of all the orange in my stocks

The corner lights were purchased off of Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-GMC-S...HTS-/170830615596?hash=item27c64c542c&vxp=mtr

The headlight bezels were painted by using a heat gun and carefully heating up the glue and separating the lenses, that amber reflective part on the corner will pop out once the lense is removed.
You just have to take your time and slowly separate the lense little by little until it pops apart and then use a good adhesive to put them back together after your done painting the chrome.
Here is a closer picture.

FullSizeRender (83).jpg

OP
OP
SlowD

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks really good. Roughly What did it end up costing you?

Thanks.
In the end it cost roughly $700 for all the vinyl, 3m edge sealer, 3m primer, knifeless tape.

Extra expense was:
$90 variable temp heat gun
$70 IR temp gun
$30 felt squeegee's
$20 Cotton gloves
$30 worth of razor blades
$20 Microfiber rags
$8 wax and grease remover for prep
$4 70% Isopropyl alcohol for prep
Plus the 200 hrs of labor BUT if its enjoyable to do then you cant count that. :)

I'm sure there is some other very small expenses that I am forgetting.

Still much better than paint or paying someone else $3500-$4000 to wrap it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076