Zw7 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MURDEREDTBSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just replaced front struts and rear shocks from amazon.
The rears are ac Delco (can't remember part number) but it said they are the zw7 shocks.

So my problem is the rear is sagging and isn't riding like I thought it would be.

Would the springs be bad because the previous worn out shocks?

Or are the shocks not really for the zw7 suspension?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics, part numbers, need more info for people to help you. Does yours have the ZW7 package?

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming it's a 07-14 since that's the section its posted in? Find the part number of what you installed.

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that on Amazon and that's it. I have never seen a 6 digit gm part number. Maybe 30 years ago, but anything in the last 10 years is going to be 8 digits. Picked a 07 since I'm not sure what year yours is. Gmpartsdirect say 25871225 for 4wd with smooth ride. Pics look like what's on Amazon but that part number is fishy.

OP
OP
M

MURDEREDTBSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see that on Amazon and that's it. I have never seen a 6 digit gm part number. Maybe 30 years ago, but anything in the last 10 years is going to be 8 digits. Picked a 07 since I'm not sure what year yours is. Gmpartsdirect say 25871225 for 4wd with smooth ride. Pics look like what's on Amazon but that part number is fishy.
Yes mine is a 2007. Would the springs be worn out? There was a squeaking in the rear while going over bumps etc, and that squeak is still there with the new shocks.

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is possible, not sure of mileage or if you tow a lot. I'm assuming it's not lowered or lifted. Mine is a NBS, but with ZW7 package. I hated how it rode, felt like a mushy turd. Swapped to Z71 springs and bilstein 5100's.

OP
OP
M

MURDEREDTBSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
104k miles. Bought it with 94k so I'm not sure what it has been through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts