Zero oil pressure - is the damage done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
@dreeveal sorry to hear about your problems. I hope that fixes it. I hope my problem isn't the same

Is there a good way to check oil pressure without the guage. When I bought my denali the guage was pegged at 80 so I figured the oil pressure sensor is bad but yesterday the guage started going back and forth from0 to 80 and the low oil pressure chime came on. Is my problem simply the oil pressure sending sensor

Most likely, yes.

OP
OP
D

dreeveal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that an urgent repair or am I good to wait till it warms up haha it's in the teens lately and I don't have a heated garage #1stworldproblems
I guess the sending unit going bad is a common problem, but if it were me I would just take it by a shop and have them check the pressure - should be pretty inexpensive just to ensure peace of mind that it's either the gauge or sending unit and not actual low pressure.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the sending unit going bad is a common problem, but if it were me I would just take it by a shop and have them check the pressure - should be pretty inexpensive just to ensure peace of mind that it's either the gauge or sending unit and not actual low pressure.

I ended up changing out the oil pressure sensor and everything is in perfect working order

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rod bearings generally take the first amount of abuse from lack of oil or aerated oil. They scuff up to a certain point until one finally spins. Takes more then just a little idling to do them in though.

blackopsiisuks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM stepper motors were faulty from the factory on most models. From tach to pressures and temps. I sent my cluster out and had it changed out to all new stepper motors and calibration. New LEDs in the cluster as well. Not a bad way to spend 65.00 for more accurate information. Might help avoid big repairs by indicating proper info from the gitgo.

2 day turnaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
GM stepper motors were faulty from the factory on most models. From tach to pressures and temps. I sent my cluster out and had it changed out to all new stepper motors and calibration. New LEDs in the cluster as well. Not a bad way to spend 65.00 for more accurate information. Might help avoid big repairs by indicating proper info from the gitgo.

2 day turnaround.

Where did you send it?

blackopsiisuks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where did you send it?

Actually there are a few auto electronic repair guys offering the service on eBay.

Ive had two vehicles done. Both worked great. If needed ill review my purchase history and get the exact name. Just search for GM stepper motor replacement.

Some say you can do it yourself but calibrating might be challenging without the right calibration equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10