Z71 front grill taking a beating. options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAguy68

Reaction score
I've got almost 70K miles on my '21 Z71 and the grill is taking a beating. The "smokey" colored film is chipping away from small impacts. Anyone else deal with this? Is there a way to touch up that film?

kjones12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just dealt with this. Bought a certified '22 Tahoe in Oct. By Jan, "smoke" was chipping away on the grill. One dealer just west of Denver gave me the runaround about how I must have hit something, or drove through chemicals so not under warranty...AFTER telling me this was an "after market part" and therefore not covered by warranty. The service mgr was all "well we've never seen one in real life, because we just unwrap them off the truck and they're gone." umm no sir.

Anyway, I submitted a customer service ticket to Chevy, they found Autonation Chevrolet North who took one look at it and said "yeah for sure that's a warranty to make it right."

Long story long, if your car is still under warranty, get it to a dealer right away...and if they reject it, take it to another dealer. Or call Chevy.

OP
OP
VAguy68

VAguy68

Reaction score
I just dealt with this. Bought a certified '22 Tahoe in Oct. By Jan, "smoke" was chipping away on the grill. One dealer just west of Denver gave me the runaround about how I must have hit something, or drove through chemicals so not under warranty...AFTER telling me this was an "after market part" and therefore not covered by warranty. The service mgr was all "well we've never seen one in real life, because we just unwrap them off the truck and they're gone." umm no sir.

Anyway, I submitted a customer service ticket to Chevy, they found Autonation Chevrolet North who took one look at it and said "yeah for sure that's a warranty to make it right."

Long story long, if your car is still under warranty, get it to a dealer right away...and if they reject it, take it to another dealer. Or call Chevy.
Unfortunately I'm way out of warranty. I'm just trying to figure out what I can do with it. I imagine a new grill is pretty pricey. I could strip and and apply a wrap to it. I have 70K hard highway miles. On my 3rd windshield as well. Price of being a daily I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu