Yukon Ultimate Order Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danimalx87

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it was almost 70 here yesterday so I got out for my first driveway wash to clean off all the layers of salt and grime. After working with the paint for a few hours, I can say that this Ultimate has one of the worst factory jobs I've ever worked with. There are multiple areas with pinholes and bubbles. Overspray and peeling at the edges around the tail lights, and overall inconsistent coverage.

This truck didn't sit out in the Texas sun for months, it was delivered within days of completion to my local dealer. Not sure why the pain is so poor, compared to my 2016 RX which was beautiful, I'm just glad I got white to hide the swirl marks and high spots from the dealer applied "ceramic" coat.

Also, I can now adamantly say that the tires look amazing but are not worth the time and effort it takes to detail them completely. I need to get a different wheel brush that's more foam/microfiber over the normal bristle one I've been using.

I also needed a step ladder to get to the top, which is new for me, being 6'4" :D

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it was almost 70 here yesterday so I got out for my first driveway wash to clean off all the layers of salt and grime. After working with the paint for a few hours, I can say that this Ultimate has one of the worst factory jobs I've ever worked with. There are multiple areas with pinholes and bubbles. Overspray and peeling at the edges around the tail lights, and overall inconsistent coverage.

This truck didn't sit out in the Texas sun for months, it was delivered within days of completion to my local dealer. Not sure why the pain is so poor, compared to my 2016 RX which was beautiful, I'm just glad I got white to hide the swirl marks and high spots from the dealer applied "ceramic" coat.

Also, I can now adamantly say that the tires look amazing but are not worth the time and effort it takes to detail them completely. I need to get a different wheel brush that's more foam/microfiber over the normal bristle one I've been using.

I also needed a step ladder to get to the top, which is new for me, being 6'4" :D
Dang that sucks to hear. My frosted pine metallic is flawless. I didn't let the dealer do any 'detailing' or 'coatings' because it's been my experience that there is nothing worse for paint then a inexperienced dude behind a buffer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts