Yukon to Escalade Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBiznisKitty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a 2009 Yukon Denali and I am looking to replace the headlights. However, I cannot find a Yukon Headlight unit that peaks my interest. Then I thought, well its all the same as a Tahoe or Escalade, so I looked under those categories and found one I love under the Escalade category, picture below. There is one slight problem. I quickly learned the Escalade comes stock with HID's and a Yukon Denali does not. Therefore, this headlight would not be exactly plug and play.

I was looking to see if anyone had experience in this area and knew how to tackle this project? I believe I would have to change the plugs on my headlight wires to connect to a ballast for the HID and the other bulb connector. If anyone had pictures of their Escalade wiring connections for the headlights that would be helpful as well!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJH9TB...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

71D7FzXQHqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.43.00 AM.png

Reaction score
I don't think the housings are shaped the same. I edges of the hood, fender, and front facia are shaped differently between the Escalade and Yukon.

Here's a pic of my Yukon headlight. You can see the shape of the housing difference. f0b609af549ffd917ea599d88fc72801.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheBiznisKitty

TheBiznisKitty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think the housings are shaped the same. I edges of the hood, fender, and front facia are shaped differently between the Escalade and Yukon.

Here's a pic of my Yukon headlight. You can see the shape of the housing difference. f0b609af549ffd917ea599d88fc72801.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Well, there goes that idea. Thank you for the help!!

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My recommendation would be to go for a retrofit. You can taylor it to what output you would like and will usually be safer with better beam pattern and output vs going with some of the aftermarket kits that state projectors, but are only for a halogen bulb. If you do put HID's into a halogen projector, it can run the chance of melting the housing or giving you other issues with beam pattern. If you look up top at some of the stickied threads, there is a lot of useful information that has been gathered there. I wound up getting my parts from theretrofitsource.com and then using a new factory set of Yukon headlights to have built to what I wanted. It can be a little expensive depending on the parts you use, but there are definitely budget friendly options. I wound up spending quite a bit between the parts and then the labor in having them built by someone that I know. To this day it has been the best mod I have ever done for my Yukon Denali and I have had my retrofit installed and trouble-free for over 7 years now. I hope that helps and good luck in your search!

Joe

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Go HID projector beam retrofit or have them built for you. The headlights on the Denali can run the high output bulbs but you’ll be replacing your bulbs more frequently.

It’s not a fun job to change bulbs on a Denali. The bumper, hood and grill of the Denali don’t allow the Escalade headlights to fit unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go HID projector beam retrofit or have them built for you. The headlights on the Denali can run the high output bulbs but you’ll be replacing your bulbs more frequently.

It’s not a fun job to change bulbs on a Denali. The bumper, hood and grill of the Denali don’t allow the Escalade headlights to fit unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Tahoe but yes, I learned the hard way how hard it is to change the light bulbs. I put in LED's a couple weeks ago. It was more difficult than I imagined. Had to take the front fascia off, then had to mod the retainer clip so the lights would fit.20210211_182430.jpg 20210211_182424.jpg 20210211_182417.jpg

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should do a projector retrofit. could cost you as little as 300 and that's for parts and new lights

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade lights are not the same shape as a Yukon. I haven’t seen an aftermarket headlight that didn’t look goofy, they all look like they’re trying way too hard to me. The projector retrofit is where it’s at though. I did the retrofit myself and it wasn’t terribly difficult just fiddly but there is a company that will do them for you. I bought the Eagle Eyes factory style Denali headlights and so far the lenses seem to be holding up. I was going to buy new GM headlamps but I didn’t want to risk breaking them for my first attempt at a retrofit.

58C93A92-919C-451F-9CF0-033BA32A6F33.jpeg

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade lights are not the same shape as a Yukon. I haven’t seen an aftermarket headlight that didn’t look goofy, they all look like they’re trying way too hard to me. The projector retrofit is where it’s at though. I did the retrofit myself and it wasn’t terribly difficult just fiddly but there is a company that will do them for you. I bought the Eagle Eyes factory style Denali headlights and so far the lenses seem to be holding up. I was going to buy new GM headlamps but I didn’t want to risk breaking them for my first attempt at a retrofit.

View attachment 271705
permaseal is a *****!! haha, it doesnt like to let go.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but it is doable since the how-to I used on here used OEM lights. The quality on the Eagle Eyes lights is trash but it is to be expecting for getting two whole headlamps for $150 vs $300 each for OEM. The “chrome” is crap in the reflector and the housing. I did a set for a guy I work with and he wanted the orange reflector removed and I went to clean off my fingerprints before putting them back together and tint safe glass cleaner literally wiped off the chrome. I figure since I’ve already done the work to these once the lenses look bad I’ll just buy another set and swap the lenses to my housings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout