yukon to denali conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samsonx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys ive got a 02 yuk and im trying to convert the grille bumper and light to denali front end. i am wondering if i can just buy the denali lights, bumper cover, and grille and bolt them on my yukon. anyone done this?

nmsyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been researching this a lot lately and have come to the conclusion that yes, those are all the parts that you will need aside from a few retainers. But, for the bumper cover you will have to cut some on your existing bumper to make it fit. You have to cut out for the fog lights and trim some in the upper corners.

Maybe someone else with more experience will chime in though.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
# 15046662 - Filler between grill and bumper - LH
# 15046666 - Filler between grill and bumper - RH
# 15150999 - Parking lamp - LH
# 15151000 - Parking lamp RH
# 15764319 - GMC Denali Grill
# 15166756 - Headlight - LH
# 15166757 - Headlight - RH
# 12479754 - Bumper cover
# 14093088 - Retainers (7 needed)
# 15149708 - Retainers (12 needed)
# 15153490 - Insert
# 15060470 - Impact bar
# 16516335 - Fog lamp Assembly - LH
# 16516336 - Fog lamp Assembly - RH
# 15059859 - License plate bracket

And a pic of some of the parts:

bumper.jpg

OP
OP
S

samsonx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok do i really need the fillers, imact bar, and fog light assembly? everyone i ask seems to leave out these parts. why? all the people i ask just tell me to buy:

denali headlights
denali parking lights
denali grille
denali bumper cover (and trim the oem bumper)

ive been told everything bolts right on accept the bumper cover. i am just lost...it seems so simple, i know. but i know nuthin about this at all. i just wanna know exactly what all i need before i go buyin stuff.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Well, no...you don't have to buy the fog lights, but your stock ones will not not fit. The filler is so you can't see behind the large gap between the grille and bumper cover, so if you don't care then you don't have to buy that either.

The impact bar is essentially the bumper. It is made for the Denali bumper cover and seems that it would be a lot easier than cutting up your stock bumper. I have no idea about putting a Denali bumper on top of a stock yukon bumper though.

OP
OP
S

samsonx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
see thats what i was thinking that i could just buy the impact bar and skip the trimming. because i can probly bolt the impact bar on myself. because idk how much it would even cost to get my bumper trimmed.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

one other thing, i was wondering if the headlights were the same, i am reading i need an adapter or something. is it possible i can just buy projector halo lights that are made for a regular yukon, instead of buying denali lights. they look the same im not sure tho are they the same size?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
see thats what i was thinking that i could just buy the impact bar and skip the trimming. because i can probly bolt the impact bar on myself. because idk how much it would even cost to get my bumper trimmed.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

one other thing, i was wondering if the headlights were the same, i am reading i need an adapter or something. is it possible i can just buy projector halo lights that are made for a regular yukon, instead of buying denali lights. they look the same im not sure tho are they the same size?

Yeah, I would go with the impact bar. You will have to get different brackets too, I think. But if you can find this stuff used, it shouldn't be too bad ($$). Plus, you'll know it was done properly!

You do not have to buy Denali projectors. You can get regular Yukon projectors. The Denali came with projectors that had 9005 low beams (9006 was standard on regular Yukon). However, the Denali still used the same headlight harness, it just has a little jumper harness attached the the headlight housing to convert the plug from 9006-9005. I think most of the Yukon projectors that mimic the Denali housings have this jumper.

OP
OP
S

samsonx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is it worth the $$$$?

to me...YES. its just a certain look i want and im almost at the point of losing sleep over it lol. i know i could've got a denali but at the time this truck was needed badly and it was just what i had found cheap. but i am trying to do alot to it. ive got about 5,000 im trying to put into it. including a new hood, all the front end parts, roll pan demolding and paint. but before i go out buying all the front end parts i just wanna know exactly what i need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645