Yukon Stopped While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjlewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate - Was driving home from work and it just stopped running. Had to coast to the side of the road. Aux power comes on; however it wont start, doesn't do anything and can't shift out of park. Being towed to the dealer. Anyone have this problem before or thoughts on what it might be?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Any warnings pop up on the dash ?
Any specific noises?

Might help guide you to a proper thread of similar issue

OP
OP
C

cjlewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
zero codes, no specific noises or dash lights.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been others on here in the last couple months with similar happenings. Not sure of the post names though

clojczyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I few of us have had our engines quit while driving without warning. Failure ended up being a failed rod bearing. My dealership ended up replacing my entire 6.2l engine. My vehicle had 3400 miles on it when the failure happened.

23_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same issue or not. 2023 Yukon XL with 3.0. Truck shutoff going 50mph switches to neutral will not restart till you can place in park. Dash says reduced acceleration, once in park vehicle can be restarted. Service Engine Soon light on. Dealer is saying fuel pressure control module, not sure I believe them

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same issue or not. 2023 Yukon XL with 3.0. Truck shutoff going 50mph switches to neutral will not restart till you can place in park. Dash says reduced acceleration, once in park vehicle can be restarted. Service Engine Soon light on. Dealer is saying fuel pressure control module, not sure I believe them
You can always look through OnStar and confirm the codes.

Buckeye14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate - Was driving home from work and it just stopped running. Had to coast to the side of the road. Aux power comes on; however it wont start, doesn't do anything and can't shift out of park. Being towed to the dealer. Anyone have this problem before or thoughts on what it might be?
This EXACT thing happened to me yesterday in my 2021 Yukon XL Denali. I couldnt even put it in Neutral. I had to have the car towed to a closed GMC dealership in Clearwater and then rent a car to drive home to Jacksonville. Such a frustrating experience and no idea what's up with it. I would try to restart it but it acted like it wasnt getting any fuel (even though there is a full tank).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This EXACT thing happened to me yesterday in my 2021 Yukon XL Denali. I couldnt even put it in Neutral. I had to have the car towed to a closed GMC dealership in Clearwater and then rent a car to drive home to Jacksonville. Such a frustrating experience and no idea what's up with it. I would try to restart it but it acted like it wasnt getting any fuel (even though there is a full tank).
if it frustrates you then it might be time to learn a little bit more about the vehicle and it how works. that way you are less likely to be dependent upon the dealer to fix it, sometimes there is no way around it but a lot of things you can still do yourself.

nicoles747

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I also have a 2023 Denali ultimate today I was driving my daughter home from school and it just stopped running in the middle of the road. It went into park I couldn’t not change gears not even into neutral. A message appeared on Deb conditions not suitable to shift anytime I tried to get it out of park. I was literally stuck in the middle of the road. I also already had the battery replaced two months ago. It doesn’t even have 8,000 miles on it. Did you find out what the issue is with your car?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum