Yukon Fuel Economy without Auto Start/Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruise

Reaction score

Without automatic engine stop-start, the standard-length 2021 GMC Yukon loses 1 mpg city and 1 mpg combined when equipped with the naturally aspirated 5.3L V8 L84, including both rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations. The feature’s absence also leads to a 1-mpg decrease in the city and combined when equipped with the naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 L87 and rear-wheel drive, while models with the L87 and four-wheel drive lose 1 mpg combined.

The 2021 GMC Yukon is also offered with the 3.0L I6 LM2 turbodiesel Duramax, which continues to come equipped with automatic engine stop-start. All three engines mate to a 10-speed automatic transmission.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe in nice weather when you have the windows down and the a/c off. It is summer time in Texas and mine doesn't shut off at all now that it is 90+ degrees out.

waynehead99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Personally I find these numbers hard to prove when it comes to the start/stop feature on these newer cars. There are too many variables to consider. Temperature outside vs inside for climate control, state of the battery. 1 MPG sounds like a default answer from gubment bean counters for CAFE credits vs a reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2