Yukon Denali vs. SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArabianKnight

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon Denali $31k
2011 Range Rover Sport $29k

The Denali's are way overpriced when you can get a Rover for the same or lower price!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 Yukon Denali $31k

The Denali's are way overpriced when you can get a Rover for the same or lower price!

And that RR will spend more time in the shop so you may as well buy two vehicles.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 Yukon Denali $31k

This also doesn't give us mileage comparisons or any other details so this is an incomplete comparison. The '11 RR could be a high mileage heap for all we know :shrug: 31k for an '11 Denali sounds about average to me.

ArabianKnight

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very similar mileage for both of them, if you get the Range with a CPO they are about 33-35k depends on trim. I have looked into both of these vehicles for awhile and they are priced within the same range +/- a few G's. It is surprising to me how close they are. Yes, the Rover has historically needed more repairs and certain years are worst than others but the MY2010+ is very good....as long as you opt out of the Supercharged model. I would still have a second vic though for those times it's in the shop.

Only reason I brought this up is because how close these prices are, with a budget of 35k looking for a Denali I also looked at was else I could get for the same price:)

rkpalm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
very informative...sometimes

This has been a very interesting thread for me. Thank you. I am comparing a 2010 denali XL with the 6.2 AWD and 75,000 miles to a 2012 suburban LTZ with the 5.3 4wd and 85,000 miles. Both are equipped with about the same options (minus the air ride of the denali), one is 4wd the other is AWD. They are both the same price ($28,000). It sound like the gas mileage is about the same in both, so why not have the power of the 6.2? The 6.2 in my 2010 silverado was getting about 14 in the city (never really getting the truck above 40mph) and 17 on the highway. Can I expect the same out of the AWD? The truck was a 4x4 that was leveled and had larger tires also. Because why leave it looking like everyone else's ?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali will get less MPG. But on a 2010 you can run ethanol which helps the pockets.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Denali! I have a 2009 Denali and 2003 Suburban with the 5.3. They both get about the same MPG (Denali is actually a few tenths better, but that could be due to its motor technology being more advanced than the '03's) when not towing. Haven't towed with the Denali yet so cant compare loaded MPG.

bizrjr

Reaction score
The Denali is a living room on wheels with good old fashioned raw American power pushing 14 sec time slips to satisfy the gear head with a family. Get it.