Yukon Denali Real World City and Hwy MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason7102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question so I'll apologize in advance if it is the wrong forum. Any way I am thinking about buying an 03-06 Denali and I was wondering what the real world mileage is. I really like the look and performance of the Denali but I am not sure if it is worth the drop in MPG vs the regular Yukon 4X4. The EPA numbers are 16 for the Denali on the Hwy and 19 to 20 for the Yukon on the Hwy. Does anyone have info on the Denali?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 06'..........I see about 16ish mix of City/Hwy driving....Get about 18-19 all Hwy. lose about 2-3 MPG's with winterblend fuel.

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that my Yukon 2wd has never even come close to the 19-20 on the highway the epa talks about. The best I have ever gottin was 17.6 and that was with my father driving it not me I average 17. In the city it gets 13.5 and 12.2 with the a/c on. You will probaly never see 20 on the highway out of a 4X4 yuk. I had a brand new Denali back in 04 and it actually got better milage than my yukon slt does. It normally got 18 hwy and 15 city. But both of them get about the same when pulling my boat or car trailer 14 hwy. Either way you cant let milage effect your decision its all about which one you like best. If you wanna lower it go Denali, if ya wanna leave stock or go bigger and do some off roading go 4X4. Also we dont drive these trucks for mpg we drive them because we like them and they are perfect for any need you have. I love mine it will do just about anything I throw at it.

OP
OP
J

Jason7102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I drive about 30000 miles a year so a difference of a few MPG adds up to a fair bit over the year. I guess I need to drive the denali. I'm sure I will be smiling from the extra performance of the 6.0.

gixxersixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 05 denali. Everything still stock, except for the muffler leak lol. My city driving I average 12-13 mpg. Hwy miles are horrible, last time I tracked a recent trip it was 14.5 mpg. Horrible!!! I hope it's normal...

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for me normal daliy driving i get just under 15 mpg and 19 highway

lowrhadur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have an 02 Yukon with the 4.8 and I consistently get 14.5 city and just took a 1300 mile round trip back home and got 17.5 highway there and back

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily drive is mostly city, with most of the city driving being 50mph+. I average 12.8 according to the computer with winter gas, but I have an '01 Denali so it doesn't have e-fans. I'd bet with e-fans I'd pick up a bit of mileage.

I drive a bit like a granny, but once a day I usually lay into it pretty hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255