Yet another water leak thread (passenger side floor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimHanus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2013 Tahoe, 133k miles, well maintained, 10 months ago. I'm finding water under the passenger side carpet. It looks like it's running down the firewall right in the corner under the soundproofing and then under the carpet. The AC drain is draining properly and wide open. The thing is, I can't make it leak to be sure. I've run water all over the outside and it stays perfectly dry. Has anyone tried any unique tests to locate a water leak? I may try a power washer next.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2013 Tahoe, 133k miles, well maintained, 10 months ago. I'm finding water under the passenger side carpet. It looks like it's running down the firewall right in the corner under the soundproofing and then under the carpet. The AC drain is draining properly and wide open. The thing is, I can't make it leak to be sure. I've run water all over the outside and it stays perfectly dry. Has anyone tried any unique tests to locate a water leak? I may try a power washer next.
My 13 was garaged new to about the end of 2018. It sits outside now and the other day I opened up the drivers door and in the ebrake, hood release and kick panel area was a rusty water stain. I’ve yet to investigate but I know guys have had issues with sunroof drains, onstar antennas and pinch weld seams behind dash area. Remember water takes the path of least resistance.... in your case I’d check the intake on the cowl and that area. The way mine sits on my driveway I’m going with the seams and down the a pillar then it hitting the raw metal behind the dash....but like I said a little investigating is due on my part...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts