WTF! Damn roof rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, since I picked up this rig in December, the front of the passenger side roof rail didn't sit flush with the roof but was still attached to the front clip. Figured I'd just wait for my first oil change to address this. Well, last week it came completely off the front clip so I took it to the dealership to show them and make an apt for next week to get that fixed. Yesterday on my way home from work taking off from a sto light I heard this loud thump. It sounded like someone threw a ball into the side of my Yukon. I pulled off into a parking lot to see if anything happened and was expecting to see a dent in the side of my truck.

This is what I saw. It was windy out and I think the wind caught the front of the roof rail and popped it off the part of the rail that is bolted to the roof. It bent it back and creased the rail. I called the dealership and told them there is a bigger issue now and that they might need to replace the whole roof rail. Dammit, now they will need to pull down the headliner to replace the rail. This completely stresses me out.

I'm a car guy and can't stand leaving my vehicles with others especially since I don't know how they will respect my money. Im sure many of you are the same. My Yukon just had XPEL installed and opticoat. They better not attempt to clean, use solvents, use rags on, or damage the XPEL on the outside of my truck. And the headliner better be perfect otherwise I will demand a new one. I demanded a rental vehicle paid my them while they have this truck which they didn't want to do but they are. I will set my expectations when I drop it off and ask to be notified when parts arrive and the prossed of the fix and when they will start the work because I'm going to drive to the dealership and observe the process.

Sorry for the long post but I'm pissed on out this.

image_32.jpg

image_33.jpg

image_35.jpg

image_36.jpg

kurtis5791

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow. I hope mine don't do that. Good luck. GMC aka Made in china plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645