WTB Employee Pricing (GMS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post this in the WTB section but I don't have 100 posts yet so I'm trying here. I have a Yukon on order in production and I currently have Supplier Pricing. The dealer is willing to honor GMS pricing if I can get my hands on it.

Anyone willing to sell their GMS authorization number? My Yukon won't be ready for a couple of months so I have time.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it works that way. Have to show family relationship, otherwise the GM employee risks being audited and losing their ability to give gms. Please Correct me if I’m wrong guys...

Savage Pancake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t think it works that way. Have to show family relationship, otherwise the GM employee risks being audited and losing their ability to give gms. Please Correct me if I’m wrong guys...
Per the GM website:

“Each time you purchase or lease a new GM vehicle under the GM Supplier Discount Program, you can share the Supplier Discount with one friend or family member. Share it for up to one year from the date of your vehicle purchase. Once you obtain an authorization number, your friend or family member will have 90 days to use it.”

OP
OP
M

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't know that.... Well if anyone is willing to risk it, I'm willing to pay decent money.

RHStansbury

Reaction score
This is exactly right. They’ll take it away from you in a heartbeat if you try to game the system and sponsor someone who isn’t eligible.

OP
OP
M

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly right. They’ll take it away from you in a heartbeat if you try to game the system and sponsor someone who isn’t eligible.
I hear you and it makes sense.... but how in the world would they know?

RHStansbury

Reaction score
I hear you and it makes sense.... but how in the world would they know?

Straight from the Program Rules:

Audits

GM will conduct periodic audits to ensure the integrity of the Program and of Program compliance by Participants. Participants may be asked to furnish documentation supporting the eligibility of Sponsored Purchasers, vehicle retention, and compliance with these Rules and Guidelines. Documents requested may include, but are not limited to, copies of marriage licenses, birth certificates, registration, and title information, etc.

GM reserves the right to audit dealership records and disqualify any sales that do not meet the Program’s guidelines. Any money improperly paid to any party based upon representations from a dealer, Participant, or Sponsored Purchaser shall be charged back accordingly.

Failure to comply with an audit request may subject the Participant to the sanctions referenced below.

Sanctions

Violations of these Rules and Guidelines, including, but not limited to, violations of eligibility rules, retention periods, titling restrictions, whether by the Participant or his or her Sponsored Purchaser(s), if any, will result in sanctions against the Participant. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, the loss of privileges (two (2) years per violation), repayment of monies, and/or employment action up to and including termination.

The sale of any Authorization Numbers, or any unauthorized use of an Authorization Number, is prohibited. A Participant who violates this provision, or who sponsors a Sponsored Purchaser who violates this provision, will be suspended from the Program for five (5) years per violation, will be required to repay the incentive monies, and may be subjected to employment action, up to and including termination. Subsequent violations of this rule may result in permanent suspension from the Program.

In addition, GM may pursue legal action against any individual or entity for violating these Rules and Guidelines.

OP
OP
M

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well alrighty then! Don't know why I've been under the impression that its common for people to share these offers/codes.

RHStansbury

Reaction score
Well alrighty then! Don't know why I've been under the impression that its common for people to share these offers/codes.

Supplier discount can be shared with just about anyone, GMS pricing is a bit different. If memory serves, there used to be a couple of times a year (this was before GM started running 'employee pricing' promos) where you could share an employee number with someone who typically would not meet eligibility requirements.

It could be that some folks just skirt the system and run the risk of getting caught. For most, it's likely not worth the risk.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually every December they run GMS for everyone, I believe they just did that but excluded Tahoe/suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons