Would you wait for the 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, I don't pay attention to external looks anymore, I just want to recognize my car when coming out of the grocery store with my hands full :thumbsup:

If '24 HC 4wd trim would offer tow hooks, brighter high beams, fog lights and an A-pillar grab handle.. that would get my checkbook to itch :worthy:

Last edited:

H8-2-W8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found this render for the '24 refresh - the people that put together these renders are pretty talented and I've noticed on other make/models the renders they put together months ahead of time are about 90% accurate.

View attachment 398753

minds me of the 90's Montana Mini Van
If thats close, it looks butt ugly to me.
OUCH! The front end reminds me of a 90's Montana Mini Van. Hopefully the Yukon will look better.

aggiediver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I now have this dilemma, my order for a 2023 Denali with everything available finally was accepted and I have until Tuesday to decide whether to keep it or switch it to a 2024. If the interior ends up being more like the new Sierras, it's about a 2 in bigger screen, plus maybe a console or column shifter rather than the push button shifter on the dash. Doesn't seem like there is likely to be anything mechanical changed, but the information is minimal at best and not much in a while.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2024 year model will be more popular, and if need be.. easier to sell next year and beyond. My 2023's already seem dated to me.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have this dilemma, my order for a 2023 Denali with everything available finally was accepted and I have until Tuesday to decide whether to keep it or switch it to a 2024. If the interior ends up being more like the new Sierras, it's about a 2 in bigger screen, plus maybe a console or column shifter rather than the push button shifter on the dash. Doesn't seem like there is likely to be anything mechanical changed, but the information is minimal at best and not much in a while.
If you’re getting a gas rig, mechanical changes will likely be zero. If diesel, you’ll get the LZ0 motor with more power and some design changes that improve the architecture of a very good powertrain (LM2).

The dash is going to have more of a “single screen” look with the infotainment up next to the cluster. See the GMC Canyon video I posted on page 2 of this thread. Also, shifter will be on the right hand side of the column.

At this point I’m a bit surprised there hasn’t been official communication from GM this refresh is on the way. We should be seeing some spy shots with less camo and some marketing teasers from GM… it’s been pretty quiet. Could it get pushed out one more year? Possibly.

It all depends on how soon you would like to have your rig. If your order is accepted you’ll likely have it 2-3 months. Waiting for the ‘24 puts you at 8 months at best.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@aggiediver @StephenPT i could be off on my dates but I’m pretty sure I’ve read the 2024 will be arriving at dealers as early as November 2023 which means order books would have to open for my2024 in august? Unless order books open in November but that would be very late for a 24’ since the 23’s were being delivered last fall.
Edit: just read on GM authority that production begins November for 2024 so if u can be first in line at your dealer u may get before Christmas

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If GMC offered the Yukon as an EV option, I wouldn't have hesitated to get it, but so far nothing. And Tesla hasn't produced any large SUV options either... You'd think so with all the money they've been raking in lately.

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I've been told by one dealer that they will start accepting orders for the 2024 models in early September, and by another dealer "in the coming weeks". GM will surely have to release details and photos before that happens. I'm pretty anxious to see what the updates entail, as I'd like to get out of my 2022 Tahoe Z71 with the 6.2 and into either a High Country or Yukon Denali with the Duramax. I also read somewhere that the redesigned Duramax will be available in the new Z71. I was disappointed that the current Duramax was not an option when I bought my Z71, however apparently it has something to do with the front fascia design (less clearance?). I've considered a 2023 High Country or Denali, however i'd probably get buyer's remorse in a few months when they release the refreshed models.

I did watch the Canyon video that StephenPT posted and like that. I like the idea as well of a column mounted shifter versus the push button.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the pb trans shifter, no clutter nor dash-area blockages due to any shifter knob hanging out there in mid-space. My '06 Silverado's shift lever totally blocks my view of the HVAC readout and I'm having to bob -n- weave my head just to see the darned temps and whether recirculation is on/off. Infuriates me to no end.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the EV version of the AT4 is attractive enough, I may consider doing a trade-in for a 2025... And yes, I'd still modify it similarly to what I have now and keep the same Redwood Metallic color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros