Worst shipping ever. Almost everything I receive has Zero packaging and gets damaged.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is on me? What BS is that? Do you work for them? Their shipping is pathetic and 50% of the items I buy from them arrive damaged but it's on me?
Are you even reading the replies to your thread? Yes, damage claims are up to you, and you need to do it quickly, not months or years later. And stop exaggerating, it’s just making you look worse. Time to stop digging your hole.

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me throw my unsolicited two cents in now that it’s getting heated. I understand the frustration with RA as most of my parts ordered off Amazon in the past arrived in boxes that were beat to crap and I can justly assign blame to Amazon more than USPS/FedEx/UPS since they were never packaged properly before. That’s why I ended up going to RA, ironically enough. Yes it will cost slightly more than Amazon and come a day or two later but it’s still 40-45% cheaper (on average) than going to a parts store.

I’m on the east coast and have never had issues with how RA packages anything I have ordered from them. Even my (new) GM Hydroboost unit I ordered a couple months ago came in the original box, heavily overpacked inside a secondary box. Even a new set of tie rods I ordered came with an obscene amount of overpacking, to the point where I filled a garbage bag halfway with the packing material. Overkill? Sure, most likely. Did my parts arrive fine? Sure did.

I generally have more issues with FedEx handling packages in my area, but I acknowledge that a lot of people that live in my area didn’t graduate at the top of their class and aren’t treating my package as if it’s stuffed with fresh eggs.

Maybe you’re just extremely unlucky with whatever distribution center is closest to you? That would be enough for me to write them off, to be honest. Then again maybe someone returned your part after they screwed it up and RA didn’t inspect well enough before throwing it back on the shelf. I’ve had that happen before, though not with RA.
I’ve also noticed that the mfg’s packaging of parts is also variable and that can affect how well it travels. I ordered some cheap parts for my sister’s ‘91 4Runner just to get it back on the road (it was my dad’s that he purchased in cash after Desert Storm and now that he’s passed, she will never get rid of it so OEM parts are not worth the cost here) and the packaging of the “economy” parts was certainly sub-standard.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP is just stating what he thinks which his right and what forums are about. I don't understand this ageing poster along.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw I just received an AC compressor from RA and it was packaged well. No damage, delivered by FedEx.
Edit: make that a compressor, rear evaporator, ac hard line set, and evaporator/ drier. All were fine. I completely rebuilt my entire ac system with parts mostly from RA and every part came packaged well. No issues as usual for me.

Last edited:

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bad shipment with not only wrong parts but also damaged due to poor packaging. Trying to get them returned was a nightmare because of parts not matching the bill of lading. Any retailer that doesn’t have a chat/call option is a joke. I still use them from time to time because finding OEM parts can be difficult but I avoid them when possible.

Perhaps worse are the GM dealership sites that have a thousand different prices for the same parts with astronomical shipping prices.

It’s all a mess.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a bad shipment with not only wrong parts but also damaged due to poor packaging. Trying to get them returned was a nightmare because of parts not matching the bill of lading. Any retailer that doesn’t have a chat/call option is a joke. I still use them from time to time because finding OEM parts can be difficult but I avoid them when possible.

Perhaps worse are the GM dealership sites that have a thousand different prices for the same parts with astronomical shipping prices.

It’s all a mess.
You can call RA customer service. Under resources , then about us, their phone number is listed. Here’s a screen shot. I know this because one time I ordered a part and then changed my mind minutes later. I was able to call and have it changed to a different part.6272B443-2619-4069-8581-D85613633DEE.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Had my first ever problem with RA packaging on Friday. I had a radiator coming and RA opened the radiator box and threw in 2 hoses, no biggee, a thermostat in the box that shipped ok but still damaged some radiator cooling fins, but the item that chapped my hide was the thermostat housing that was thrown in, still in the box, but it came out of one end of the box and did a bunch of damage to the radiator cooling fins. I immediately got online and went thru the return process but there was a step where I could choose not to return and because none of the rows were damaged, just the cooling fins, I opted for RA crediting $25 to my c/c I used to allow me to straighten the fins out. Never heard of that before. Worked out ok and no holes in radiator. All they would have had to do is tape the ends of the box closed and all likely would have been good. Following are the pics of what I saw when opened the box and the damage to the fins.

I sent pics and complaint to RA about this and have yet to hear back about it. I guess the $25 credit cures all ills.

20220916_120856.jpg

20220916_121005.jpg

20220916_121007.jpg

20220916_121011.jpg

Last edited:

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my first ever problem with RA packaging on Friday. I had a radiator coming and RA opened the radiator box and threw in 2 hoses, no biggee, a thermostat in the box that shipped ok but still damaged some radiator cooling fins, but the item that chapped my hide was the thermostat housing that was thrown in, still in the box, but it came out of one end of the box and did a bunch of damage to the radiator cooling fins. I immediately got online and went thru the return process but there was a step where I could choose not to return and because none of the rows were damaged, just the cooling fins, I opted for RA crediting $25 to my c/c I used to allow me to straighten the fins out. Never heard of that before. Worked out ok and no holes in radiator. All they would have had to do is tape the ends of the box closed and all likely would have been good. Following are the pics of what I saw when opened the box and the damage to the fins.

I sent pics and complaint to RA about this and have yet to hear back about it. I guess the $25 credit cures all ills.

View attachment 380965

View attachment 380966

View attachment 380967

View attachment 380968
Lesson I get out of this is if I want a radiator or evaporator or such order that separate so it ships separate. I never had a issue with things from rock auto over the years I used them but this would have made me a little mad, everything could have shipped together safely except the radiator. The extra $7.99 would have been worth it to ship separate.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can call RA customer service. Under resources , then about us, their phone number is listed. Here’s a screen shot. I know this because one time I ordered a part and then changed my mind minutes later. I was able to call and have it changed to a different part.View attachment 380964
I was directed, over the phone, that everything was addressed through email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon