Wiring Block Above BCM on 2000 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckerz07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The previous owner did... something, and I tried putting it back to stock however when I did so one of the wires (blue and white on blue block) decided to overheat to the point of smoking. New to the forums and new GMC owner. Need some help figuring this out. If anyone knows a mod that could have happened or what exactly could be going on, such as a short in a specific system?

2008-11-10_022325_2000-Yukon-Denali-C304_zps8cd646f2.gif

55AEEF65-1B0D-4B01-9BB4-B463CCA611FF-1402-000001AF9F583579_zps0d808459.jpg

The orange wire on the right apparently controls the dome lights, however when I connect it the smaller blue and white wire on the left will begin to overheat. And when I attempted to reconnect the large (10 gauge or larger) wires to their original homes my radio lost all power and with the orange still connected the blue and white still overheated. The only way to stop the blue and white wire from over heating is to leave my orange dome lights wire disconnected.

Any ideas? Anybody have a wire chart for those blocks? Thanks in advance!

secfogecko

Reaction score
The previous owner did... something, and I tried putting it back to stock however when I did so one of the wires (blue and white on blue block) decided to overheat to the point of smoking. New to the forums and new GMC owner. Need some help figuring this out. If anyone knows a mod that could have happened or what exactly could be going on, such as a short in a specific system?

2008-11-10_022325_2000-Yukon-Denali-C304_zps8cd646f2.gif

55AEEF65-1B0D-4B01-9BB4-B463CCA611FF-1402-000001AF9F583579_zps0d808459.jpg

The orange wire on the right apparently controls the dome lights, however when I connect it the smaller blue and white wire on the left will begin to overheat. And when I attempted to reconnect the large (10 gauge or larger) wires to their original homes my radio lost all power and with the orange still connected the blue and white still overheated. The only way to stop the blue and white wire from over heating is to leave my orange dome lights wire disconnected.

Any ideas? Anybody have a wire chart for those blocks? Thanks in advance!

Spooky. Couldn't get me to did around in there.

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your placing wires back where they are supposed to be and it's smoking, I would check under dash and engine bay for t-taps or relays that's not original. One way to find if your main power wires is shorted is to disconnect negative from the bat and use a multimeter to check continuity.

OP
OP
C

chuckerz07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still no luck, I've tried under the dash and following those specific wires (and most around them) under and around my dash but no t taps or relays, everything seems to look original. I have figured out the names of those specific blocks however. Connectors c304 and c305. I still cannot find a wire chart that tells me which is which however. And any tips on getting the dash all the way out? it seems that on the sides the main dash is riveted in place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700