Wiper/Turn Signal Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe that has a problem with the wipers not operating properly. If I turn them on (mist or normal) then turn them off, they continue to operate for an indeterminate amount of time and then will stop without parking in the down position. I had assumed that it was the wiper/turn signal stalk and assembly so I replaced it. The problem has continued the same. Anyone had this? Any next step? Thanks

OP
OP
Mike McCloskey
Reaction score
Just realized that there is a wiper pulse module board on the front of the firewall that might be the culprit. Going to replace it and see if that is the fix.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Just realized that there is a wiper pulse module board on the front of the firewall that might be the culprit. Going to replace it and see if that is the fix.
Have Chevrolet.com check your VIN. There is an open recall for this and I had mine replaced (not original owner) in 2018 by the Chevrolet dealership.

Marbor

Reaction score
Before u go out and buy a new one or from junk yard. Take a look at the circuit board may have a few cracks in the sawder points. I had a similar issue with my yukon and new to me tahoe which came broken a few minor sawders and fixed the issue.

OP
OP
Mike McCloskey
Reaction score
I bought a new one on Amazon. Took five minutes. Works great. Only problem is the new wiper stalk assembly that I needlessly replace won't automatically turn off after a left turn.

Marbor

Reaction score
I bought a new one on Amazon. Took five minutes. Works great. Only problem is the new wiper stalk assembly that I needlessly replace won't automatically turn off after a left turn.

Try what I said with the old part if it works you can get your money back.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the saying, 3 rights make a left!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu