Wilwood backorder??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt rogers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up fellas, wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. I ordered a Wilwwod big brake kit, front and rear for my 18 yukon. A site called Accesspeed. This order was placed in August, 2021!! I recieved nothing until I believe April and it was just the rears. They keep telling me the steel shortage and its over their heads, its from Wilwood ect and theyre dozens of orders backed up. I dnt not believe them, but I wanted to know if you guys have any experience with something similiar. They say they may be shipping out this month. At this point I may just cancel and do smaller brake upgrades because theyre due soon. Any info is helpful

markni12301

Reaction score
Anybody…
This seems to be a pretty specific issue so you might have to wait for someone with subject matter knowledge to come across this. And some people wait a few days to catch up on posts. Some wait until the weekend. Sorry I can't help, what a mess that company is. Hope someone can help you though.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems a bit odd to me. I usually order my Wilwood products from Summit Racing. Usually get them in ~ 2 days shipped from the Georgia warehouse. I ordered them, powder coated them and am running them on my Truck.

Attachments

• 20220218_181644.jpg
    20220218_181644.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220218_180117.jpg
    20220218_180117.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 5
  • Wilwood Installed.jpg
    Wilwood Installed.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats up fellas, wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. I ordered a Wilwwod big brake kit, front and rear for my 18 yukon. A site called Accesspeed. This order was placed in August, 2021!! I recieved nothing until I believe April and it was just the rears. They keep telling me the steel shortage and its over their heads, its from Wilwood ect and theyre dozens of orders backed up. I dnt not believe them, but I wanted to know if you guys have any experience with something similiar. They say they may be shipping out this month. At this point I may just cancel and do smaller brake upgrades because theyre due soon. Any info is helpful
why not reach out to Wilwood and ask them? especially if you are getting the run around from a vendor

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered all my Wilwoods from Accesspeed and had a great experience. That was also 4 yrs. ago. Way before the current state of the world in regards to manufacturing and raw materials.

Summit does have quite a few items in stock; rotors, rotor hats, bolt kits, pads etc. But I have noticed lately that some parts are on back order out 8+ weeks. That still doesn't line up with how long you've been waiting @Matt rogers.

Also, Wilwood's prices have gone up quite a bit on their kits and brake parts in the last 8-12 months.

There are options though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645